xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Zsnexbox Feature Request Thread  (Read 1922 times)

XaRaNn

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Feature Request Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

Kay so back on topic of new feature suggestions.

nes6502 : Correct me if im wrong, but i think i recall in one of the early releases you mentionned you might be interest in adding support to show user-specified images associated with games (probly PNGs)

Reason i'm asking is, i was checking thru my files, and i've got a collection of ~170 SNES manuals (mostly big USA releases, castlevania, all 3 final fantasy, contra, all 3 donkeys, mario 1-2 paint rpg kart, SoM, SoE, zelda, chrono, metroid, starfox, all street fighters +more)

There in PDF format, but i could look into extracting the raw images then converting to PNG if this is something you'd be interested in.

I haven't checked them all out but most of them are pretty damn good quality. All of them come at ~400mb whitout any conversion done.

Depending on how the XS staff would feel about this we could probly put it all up on rogepost or worst case a torrent.

Also i'm not sure how it'd look on a TV.
Let's say i separate the pdf's in a per-page image, i dont think itd be readeable on a 480x TV if the image is made fullscreen. You'd probly need some way to zoom/scroll the picture, and that feels alot more complicated to code.

Anyways as usual, just throwing possibilities here.

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(XaRaNn @ Sep 22 2006, 12:19 AM) View Post

Kay so back on topic of new feature suggestions.

nes6502 : Correct me if im wrong, but i think i recall in one of the early releases you mentionned you might be interest in adding support to show user-specified images associated with games (probly PNGs)

Reason i'm asking is, i was checking thru my files, and i've got a collection of ~170 SNES manuals (mostly big USA releases, castlevania, all 3 final fantasy, contra, all 3 donkeys, mario 1-2 paint rpg kart, SoM, SoE, zelda, chrono, metroid, starfox, all street fighters +more)

There in PDF format, but i could look into extracting the raw images then converting to PNG if this is something you'd be interested in.

I haven't checked them all out but most of them are pretty damn good quality. All of them come at ~400mb whitout any conversion done.

Depending on how the XS staff would feel about this we could probly put it all up on rogepost or worst case a torrent.

Also i'm not sure how it'd look on a TV.
Let's say i separate the pdf's in a per-page image, i dont think itd be readeable on a 480x TV if the image is made fullscreen. You'd probly need some way to zoom/scroll the picture, and that feels alot more complicated to code.

Anyways as usual, just throwing possibilities here.

I plan on adding image support which will include zooming in/out and moving up/left/right/down. This si to view images just like what you are talking about (scanned manuals, maps, etc...). I havn't really thought about the details but it shouldn't be too much trouble to add. It's certainly nowhere near as difficult as cheat search or rumble.

There are tools that can be used to extract the jpgs from the pdf. I could support jpgs or png files so you wouldn't have to convert them.  However, many pdfs are not protected and you can go into the image options menu and acrobat will extract them. If they are protected, you'd have to use some converter and I've never found a free one. Most of the demo versions will put a big logo on every image and/or they limit the number of images that can be extracted from a pdf.

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

a virtua keyboard for putting the descriptiuons to the rumble codes biggrin.gif

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Are movies not going to happen? I haven't seen anyone request it. A movie system with some tools to create Time Attack/tool assisted movies would rule.

I assume it would be a decent amount of work to implement, but a collection of time attacks shared among the xbox community would be awesome.

Sometimes when I have the urge to play something old, but don't have the patience to actually play I just find something to watch from http://tasvideos.org

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

It's not a matter of hiding things really. I scan for smc files. if I don't find any, then they don't show up. Besides, almost all of my code is based off the assumption there is a 3 digit extension on every game (i.e.smw.zip, smw.smc, smw,swc, smw.usa, etc...) If i allowed my scanner to show files without extensions, then I'd have to change/add a lot of other code.

The easist thing for you to do would be to use files with extensions, but turn off the display of extensions, and/or extra characters, etc... in the general options menu.

programad

• Archived User
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

Does Zsnexbox works on 5.1? like a stereo on all speakers, not only on the front ones.
Cheat database included would be a great addition.
a way to save the soundtrack to disk
XBMC shortcut creator built in(to create a specific rom shortcut)
online rumble database, downloaded from menu, or by PC as a txt or zip
avi recorder?
good renamer, or an rom ID to match the rumble or cheat files, instead of the filename
translations
ips

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(programad @ Sep 24 2006, 12:30 AM) View Post

Does Zsnexbox works on 5.1? like a stereo on all speakers, not only on the front ones.

Yes

Cheat database included would be a great addition.

You mean other than the Game Genie, Pro Action Replay, and Tips and Tricks databases allready included (that collectively include well over 10,000 codes, passwords, etc...)? Or have you never used ZsnexBox and are making blind requests?

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Sep 24 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

Nes, now that ZsnexBox has rumble descriptions as well as other text editing, would it be workable to impliment a virtual keyboard to make the typing easy and quick?

By the way, the tip database is awesome.

Editing descriptions is a pain. I rarely do so myself because of this. However, a virtual keyboard would require a lot (and I mean a LOT) of coding. I'd like one just as much as everyone else. I'm still thinking about it, but it may or may not happen.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Sep 24 2006, 01:43 AM) View Post

Editing descriptions is a pain. I rarely do so myself because of this. However, a virtual keyboard would require a lot (and I mean a LOT) of coding. I'd like one just as much as everyone else. I'm still thinking about it, but it may or may not happen.

Ahhh, I see what you mean.

Thanks for answering my curiosity.

Either way I still get more than I could want from ZsnexBox.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]