xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Zsnexbox Coming Soon  (Read 393 times)

VampX

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

I'm very interested in this project, i hope to see it become something very good in the future.

alg5

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

if you want simple way to implement emulator, you can look at the source code of the emulators i've ported.
xvectrex is quite simple but doesn't have sound.

i don't have a lot of time, but at one time if you are near to give up, you can still give me the source code to look at

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

Update: 3-30-06

I havn't had much time to work on the project latley. Starting today, I will be putting more focus on it. I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday working on the rom browser and screenshot preview.

1) There is a strange bug that is crashing the browser that I have to solve first.

2) When that is completed I will work on getting a correct resizable display.

3) When that is complete I will start a cleaner port and hopefully be able to use the default functionality for Zsnes.cfg creating/loading, and sram creation/loading. The problem is that many of the directory calls available in C (that Zsnes uses) don't exist on the Xbox. Anyone know an alternative for chdir?

4) When this is complete, I will add input for controller 1 (maybe other controllers but I only have 1 controller to test with)

5) Then I will rewrite the sound code

6) Then release version 1.0

I plan on working the majority of tonight, tommorow night and Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully I will make some good progress on all of the above.

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

I'm currently trying to devise a way so future updates will be easy to add. Currently, I am making lots of changes to the assembly which will make it a pain to update it later. In my cleaner port, I'm going to try and make little or no changes. That way only the windows code will be changed and 98% of the project will be untouched. That will make it easy to update it when changes are made to the core.

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

And for a little more "yada yada yada..."

It actually is running 60/60 for the most part. The frame skip kicks in mainly in Mode7 effects. Otherwise it seems to be running perfectly. I ran contra 3 last night for a while and it ran great.

posure

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

good luck, can't wait to check it out

Diontae18

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Do! @ Mar 30 2006, 01:24 PM) View Post

yada yada yada..........

LOL, Someone's a Seinfeld fan  happy.gif

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

Rom browser bug fixed. On to step 2

foxxfella

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 04:33:00 AM »

More Good luck! pop.gif

DaFilthee

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

I would be incredibly greatful if you can get 4-player working in games like Bomberman!

Good Luck!

edit: Also, hopefully it runs in 720p on a 1.6.

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

Also, I dunno if this would be a possibility or not, but have you considered merging your changes (once they are matured enough) back into the official CVS?

Probablly not. I don't object to this but I don't anticipate changing anything other than what I have to. It's VERY easy to break assembly if you are not carefull. I have allready experienced this. I broke the execution loop code and have no idea how. The least I have to change the assembly the better. Unless there is interest in the Direct3D code, I probablly wouldn't merge it with CVS. This is essentially going to be tailored to the Xbox. I will add as many features as I can "easilly" hack out of the assembly.

The problem is that most of the functionality of Zsnes is setup through the GUI. The gui is coded in assembly so it's far harder to change options to the emulator. This may all turn out to be easy. I don't know yet.

I would be incredibly greatful if you can get 4-player working in games like Bomberman!

Do you mean 4 player in general or is there a problem in Zsnes with 4 players and Bomberman?

Also, hopefully it runs in 720p on a 1.6

This is another area I know nothing about. Hopefully another emulator author can give me some tips for implementing 720,1080 etc... However, I don't have a HD tv so, I wouldn't be able to test these features if I did add them.

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. I may in fact ask you some assembly questions when I dig deeper into implementing various internal options

Batz12311

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

that's cool, but snes9x works so well on the xbox, i don't see that much of a reason of porting zsnes also. zsnes is the shit though

johnnywikked

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Batz12311 @ Apr 1 2006, 03:07 AM) View Post

that's cool, but snes9x works so well on the xbox, i don't see that much of a reason of porting zsnes also. zsnes is the shit though

Well his reasoning was for a personal challenge, it's like like he is doing it for the masses.

I'm sure I'll be making the change with open arms, I hope it all goes well for you.

Thraxen

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Coming Soon
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Superjester @ Mar 31 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post

The fact that it can play Top gear 3000 is good enough. I've been longing to play this game

You sir have my blessing and hope it works out. Good luck!

T-maul was working on a port of SNES9x a while back that could play Top Gear 3000.  He made an open offer for beta testers here on the forum, but I think it was buried somewhere in the official off-topic thread.  I may have been one of the only people to take him up on it so I've got a version on my Xbox right now that plays TG3K just fine.  But I haven't heard anything about this port in a while... I know he's still working on other non-Xbox related projects, but I'm not sure if he has stopped the SNES9x port or not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5