xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multiple Mames On One Xbox?  (Read 66 times)

Auximines

• Archived User
Multiple Mames On One Xbox?
« on: February 24, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

Is there any way to have two separate MAME emulators that don't share the TDATA directory? I want to have one for horizontal games and one for vertical games. (Different properties for another monitor) I can't specify a different directory to keep data like that, can I?

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

Yeah, actually I think all you have to do is change what is called the Title ID.  I think you can edit that with dexbe, but I really haven't used that much so I'm not sure how you edit values with it... I always use a hex editor.  

If you use a hex editor here is what you need to do.

First, here is where the MAME currently saves to on the E: drive:

MAMEdoX: E:\TDATA\4d414d46\

MAMEoX and MAMEoX 128 Plus!: E:\TDATA\4d414d45\

The folder name is the Title ID (4d414d45).  

Open up the default.xbe file in a hex editor.   Now you need to search for the Title ID, but there is a trick to it.  It's in there backwards... but in groups of two characters.

If the Title ID is this: 4d414d45
You need to search for a hex value of this:  454d414d

I color coded it so you could see more easily how I reversed the Title ID in groups of 2 characters.  Just do a search (hex value search) for the reversed Title ID in the default.xbe file, then change one of the values to something else, and then save it.  I think that will cause the emulator to save to a new location.

This post has been edited by Thraxen: Feb 25 2006, 06:36 PM

Auximines

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 03:33:00 AM »

Okay, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

Cool- 454d414d is MAME in text string  smile.gif

I have 2 mamedoxs - 1 is platinum and they're fighting each other. I changed 454d414d to 444d414d (FMAD) and mamedox didn't like it. It tells me to use the launcher.

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

Finally got it working. Ok, if you're trying to get two versions of MamedoX working, the value you want to search and change is:

464d414d

I think I changed it to

464d424d

But you have to do it in both default.xbe and mameox.xbe or it won't work right (took me like 1hr to figure out)

Now I have MamedoX and MamedoX Platinum living together happily!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks Thraxen!

This post has been edited by RoboChicken: Nov 27 2006, 04:42 AM