xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: TSOP Flashing Experience.  (Read 2993 times)

powerpak

• Archived User
TSOP Flashing Experience.
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

you could just put your old hard drive back in and then backup the eeprom again, and redo your 40 gig or just dont lock your 40 gig.

powerpak

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

forgot to mention, I have flashed many xboxes, some 1.0, 1.1,  one 1.3+
I put a 80 gig HDD in my v1.0 but I havent locked it. I had no problems, and I didnt even use slayers.

gottimanu

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

ive flashed about 50 tsops (7 of them were sharp , they where hot and difficult.)

but in my last flash ive installed a switch and flashed with raincoat.

ive flashed the 1st sector and now its crap!!!!!

HOW CAN I REFLSAH MY TSOP?

ive got a xbit , the box just boots 3 times and no screen.

and my seagate makes a beep noise

gottimanu

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

ok ive solved the problem with the 3wire trick

Pharoh

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

i have TSOP flashed 3 xbox including mine which i had a 2.3b modchip that kept fraggin tossed it, flashed with 007 and my ibook.(who needs a pc)

nprice

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

Flashed my Xbox 1.3 / Winbond W49F020 with Raincoat 0.7. Only trouble was actually getting the board soldered. I was using a soldering iron with a high wattage which made it difficult, I even managed to splash solder all over the area above the LPC. It wasn't hard to remove as I had desoldering braid on hand though. Went to radio shack and picked up a 15W iron, after that it was smooth sailing. It is highly recommended you get a 15W iron rather than to use that 35W you've got lying around. Don't attempt if you have no soldering experience.

When I get my digcam I should post pictures of what that 35W iron did to the top of the PCB. Looked like I had fried the board. Surprisingly the Xbox didn't FRAG and the traces were still intact.

masonshoemocker

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

The 15 watt iron from Radio Shack rocks.  It's makes the TSOP job much easier.  I've been through 5 TSOP mods with only 2 v1.0,1.1 which was mine and a friends.  I soldered on TSOP enable/disable switches on all of them but only have a bios switch on two of them obviously.  I've had no prior experience unless you count the screw job I did when I was a little bit younger trying to mod my PlayStation with a 30 or 40 watt iron I think.  I didn't know shit!  I just had solder and the iron that I found in my dad's toolbox and that was it.  I wasn't even grounded and I didn't even use a anti-static mat.  I just did it on top of my desk.  That was a disaster.  I learned from that experience that you must-have the right supplies in order to do any solder job correctly.

I just ordered a Weller 12 watt iron though recently because it had a .02 fine point.  It set me back $40.  I need it though because I'm going to attempt to mod my PS2 as soon as my iron and Matrix Infinity chip are sent to me.  I heard the PS2 mod is dramatically harder.

Habsuno

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

Used an "hair" out of an IDE-Cable to bridge the points.

Works fine and burns the shit out of your mamas ass....

ltoolio

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

Just did my first one tonight.

Have done many solderless installs and a few pin header installs.

Figured I would take the plunge into TSOP.

The hardest part for me was getting a locked HDD to boot to the original M$ Dash.  Once I got that running, next hardest part was getting the Mech exploit over.

Other than that, very easy.  Soldering was easy....I'll definately do this again.

Like most things here on XBS, just follow the tuts to a T....if you do your research and take your time, you will do fine....

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »

I dual tsoped a 1.1. Flashed one side with X2 4981 and the mobo fragged on both selections of switch. Resoldered everything and was able to boot retail bios on one side but the other side was a frag. Switched to X2 4983 bios and now its all wrking perfectly.

ZeroSX

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Now to try and fix my friends "mess up"...

doop

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »

wink.gif

d-2-d

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

Can some one help me i followed this guide on how to install a swithc and i followed it percisly and now my xbox frags even when i take out the switch. Anyone know what i can do?

OverG

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

wink.gif

Details: V1.0mb (LPC port damaged), USB pen drive for gamesave, Mechassault orig disk, Highway_007mech_flash_pack (utilized eurasia), M8+ bios (resized w/EVtool).

After flashing I utilized Slayers boot/ Install disk to setup a new HD.

Fast-n-Easy, Smooth as glass! beerchug.gif
Thanks to all!
Regards,
OverG

pak_indo

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

V1.0 flashed using AUF Exploit and X2 4976.02 Bios

Thanks to the everyone on the scene who made the tuts and gave the explanations to make all this possible

cheers

pak
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7