xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sp Ice On V1.0  (Read 73 times)

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

I was trying to install my mod chip on my v1.0 xbox and it looks like my sp adaptor has too many pins (compared to the one in the stickyat the very top of the page). there is only one pin missing from mine. Ii put on my chip and turned it on and i'm getting the frag error, nothing i do is fixing this. please help. also there is a red light on the mod chip when i turn it on. i flipped the recovery switch too, and when i did that it would boot up to the normal xbox screen. the red light on the chip stayed on during this as well

This post has been edited by Jarker: Aug 31 2005, 02:03 AM

acemilo

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

Your adapter is not alligned.  You probably have the sp adapter and not the spice adapter, but either will work.  Anyway, the only advice would be to keep trying to allign it, or better yet solder it or pay someone to solder it for you.

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

there are more pins on the adapter than the chip. which ones do i use? the ones towards the front? can the extra pins on the adapter cause this?

acemilo

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

99 times out of 100 its allignment.  Use the pins furthest down away from the screw.

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

i aligned it again, now it's flashing green and orange.

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

there is a pin on the adapter, but no hole with solder on the motherboard. should I remove this pin? it is in the row on the right and the second farthest from the screw. i might try to post some pics. it even seems that one of the holes isnt completely filled with solder.

acemilo

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

Green/orange means the av cable isn't plugged in.  If you still can't allign it at this point, I suggest soldering it or paying someone to solder it for you.

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

I understand you dont like the solderless chips, but the reason i bought it is because I dont want to solder it and i cant find someone to do it for me. can you please answer me about the pins on the adapter?

Bullwinkle

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

smile.gif

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

i'm in nw ohio. i should be able to have this thing work. i got it to turn on the chip is red but it goes to the regular xbox start up

Jarker

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

I read that this means it isnt connected to the d0. i have the wire in the hole and it isnt moving. maybe it is broken? how can i make sure

acemilo

• Archived User
Sp Ice On V1.0
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

The only way to be sure would be to take a multimeter and check for continuity between the d0 pad on the chip and the alt d0.  The problem is either the d0 or pin 2 on the lpc at this point.  It is also possible that once you get the d0 in there properly that the chip still isn't alligned, so if you get a frag then your d0 is fine but the lpc isn't.