xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Fba-xxx Pro  (Read 115 times)

wicket_lfe

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

uh, is there a way to reset out of a rom?

rake

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(wicket_lfe @ Mar 25 2005, 02:06 AM)
uh, is there a way to reset out of a rom?

right thumbstick.

XboxCez

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

I'm gonna show my ignorance here and ask the dumb question.

Which one is better to use in terms of resources/compatability/updates

FAB - xxx Pro or Mame and its other consequent spin offs.

Im' confused as to what each one offers that the other does not.

Thanx for the time.

Thraxen

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

MAMEoX plays far more games than FBAXXX... thousands more.  FBAXXX specializes in CPS1, CPS2, and NeoGeo games (with a few others thrown in).   The Pro version of FBAXXX focuses on using the latest and most accurate ROMS and follows any changes that the MAME emulator for PC makes to any CPS1, CPS2, or NeoGeo games.  Gogo's version of FBAXXX uses a lot of outdated rom sets.  Also, FBAXXX tends to load games a lot faster than MAMEdOX does.  

The good thing is now the person responsible for FBAXXX Pro (+T+) has also released a Pro version of MAMEdOX.  So you can use the same ROMS FBAXXX uses in your MAMEdOX.   This is nice because it saves hard drive space and you can try the same ROM on each emu and decide which one you think does a better job emulating.  

XboxCez

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

Oh Kick ass :) I'll definately Try that instead of the alternative.

Should I still Keep MameoX then? Or should I go ahead and replace is with MamedoX pro

Likklebaer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

It seems that +T+'s changes are going to be in the next version of MAMEdOX anyways so you're probably better off using the Pro compatible version for now.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

New update. Grab the patch from the link at the top of the thread. ^_^

UPDATE:

- Added driver for KOF 10th Anniversary. (by FerchogtX)

- Fixed ct2k3sp.

- Improved the UI and menus.

- Changed reset shortcut to LTrigger + RTigger + Start. (I pressed the old combination by accident once - and that's one time too many for me ;) )

- kof2k4ex now uses correct s1 CRC.

The kof10th driver has some graphical glitches on the Neo-Geo logo screen but other than that it works perfectly. Also I'm looking into a problem with Rastan where you get a black screen after starting the game. I hope to fix it but in the meantime I've found that if you reset the game you can then start it and it will work fine.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Likklebaer @ Apr 9 2005, 08:34 AM)
Also I'm looking into a problem with Rastan where you get a black screen after starting the game. I hope to fix it but in the meantime I've found that if you reset the game you can then start it and it will work fine.

:beer:
Thanks much again, Likklebaer.  If reseting the rom makes it work, that is good enough for me.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Ready for another problem with Rastan?  I cannot get the saved/load states to work.  This has been a problem for many a builds of fbaxxx; i just thought at first i had a bad build, but can see now that it was not the case.

Who needs save states in an arcade game in where you have an endless amount of continues, right?  That is what i though until i got to the last stage were only one life is allowed, and if you die it is game over and you have to start the whole game over again.

Thanks again, Likklebaer

Likklebaer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

I'm not sure what to suggest since I don't use savestates myself. (and have never played Rastan all the way through ^_^)

I think it would be worth mentioning it in the official thread though as it might be fixable. Make sure and give as many details as possible.

TMaul

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Apr 11 2005, 07:51 PM)
Ready for another problem with Rastan?  I cannot get the saved/load states to work.  This has been a problem for many a builds of fbaxxx; i just thought at first i had a bad build, but can see now that it was not the case.

The Rastan driver, like almost all of the FBA drivers I have coded to-date, does not have savestate support. Not using savestates myself is one reason for this but the main reason is lazyness. :)

Probably wouldn't be too hard to add. If anyone is interested in trying to add savestate support to the driver the routine you need to modify is rastanScan. Check the equivlent *Scan routines in other drivers to see exactly what needs to done to add support.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

Thankies for the info TMaul. ^_^

While on the subject of Rastan, do you have any idea what the problem with the black screen when starting a game might be down to?

TMaul

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

The problem is caused by a couple of errors in the reset routine of rastan, which causes the Z80 emulation to get out of sync with the 68000 emulation. The Z80 controls all the audio hardware and as it looses sync the 68000 waits for an acknowledgement signal from the Z80 when it starts playing music which it never gets, hence the lockup.

Changing the drvDoReset() in d_rastan.cpp to this seems to fix the problem, at least in my win32 build:

CODE

static int drvDoReset()
{
   SekOpen(0);
   SekReset();
   SekClose();
   ZetOpen(0);
   ZetReset();
   ZetRun(40000000/60);
   ZetClose();
   BurnYM2151Reset();
   MSM5205Reset(0);
   return 0;
}

Likklebaer

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 03:20:00 AM »

Looks like it works for the Xbox version too. ^_^

UPDATE:

- Fixed black screen bug in rastan. (thanks to TMaul)

- Fixed inputs in jockeygp and other gambling games.

Nuroravage

• Archived User
New Fba-xxx Pro
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2005, 02:15:00 AM »

do any versions of  final burn allow menu access without using the r-thumstick  like the older version of kawax start+select to return to menu,  im using my xbox in a cab and  there is no right thumbstick  i checked the ini's maybe i missed something?

Pages: 1 [2]