xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Taking The Plunge....  (Read 146 times)

bigjonny

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« on: April 09, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

well im new to this but ive searched and read a bit and think im gonna go ahead and get a sp.ice chip but i just wanted to double chec a few things.  will this guidehelp me get everything started that i need to.  and also will this let me play burnt dvd games when the chip is on?  and will i be able to play movies without the dvd kit?  these questions may be a little stupid but i just wanted to double check.  and if u have anything that i should know please let me know and thanks for any help.

msjf

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

lets start by saying. the chip is only the welcoming mat. once you get the chip there are diffrent softwares that will let you do diffrent things. you can get evox bios and dash wich will allow you to use certain programs like dvd2xbox (back up games) xbmc (xbox media center (play all video formats and audio plus more) likbox (web browser), and much much more. pm me if you need any advice. but you have made a good choice, i own the xenium chip my self.and the guide is the best.

.:BONES:. <

thebroken

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

yeah xenium and ice guide are god

thebroken <

bigjonny

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »

yeh so im guess thats all the stuff i need.  just get the chip and follow the guide and im good to play burnt backups and stuff?  yeh im just gonna get it installed and stuff them get the other prgrams but i cant wait  smile.gif

thebroken

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

the fun has only begun wait till you get a FRAG :P

thebroken :( <

bigjonny

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

hwat exactky is a frag.  ive heard of them but never experienced one and should i be worried?  unsure.gif

bigjonny

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

here i also ran across the Xenium ICE Solderless.  whats the difference?  i mean will they both do the same thing or atleast what i want.  if somone could help i would really appreciate it. <

appleguru

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigjonny @ Apr 10 2005, 10:53 AM)
hwat exactky is a frag.  ive heard of them but never experienced one and should i be worried?  :unsure:

FRAG === flashing red and green eject LED. Usually happens when a chip is incorrectly installed or a solderless adapter becomes misalligned... <

appleguru

• Archived User
Taking The Plunge....
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigjonny @ Apr 10 2005, 11:24 AM)
here i also ran across the Xenium ICE Solderless.  whats the difference?  i mean will they both do the same thing or atleast what i want.  if somone could help i would really appreciate it.

If you have a 1.0-1.4 xbox, either solderless adapter will work.

If you have a 1.6, you need the S.P. adapter.

In any case, the S.P. adapter is techincally superior to the old standard solderless adapter(s), even on 1.0-1.4 consoles. but at the same time, if you don't have a 1.6, you end up not using half the parts you receive with the S.P. adapter, so it is a bit of a waste...

In any case, both packages come with the exact same chip, the exact same OS, etc, so no worries there :) <