xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 30 Lives In Contra Emulated?  (Read 374 times)

Griffen37

• Archived User
30 Lives In Contra Emulated?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »

First off, thank you all.  Whether it was my inability to enter the code or the particular version of the game that I have, the answer was that I have to wait until it stops scrolling to enter u-u-d-d-l-r-l-r-b-a-start.  Given that I know I used to frantically key it in with a double b-a and a select start while it was scrolling, I know there must be some differences.  Regardless, it worked.  Thank you all.  But, umm, Varsis, get some help, man.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

WOW Gryzor is awesome!!

Jap versions of games are always so much better!!

Looks like my US rom of Contra is taking a backseat from now on! Does anyone know if there's boxart and cartridge pics for this game? Cause every game I have in my favorites has a cartridge pic and the boxart pic as well. Thanks for mentioning this game ,room88! smile.gif

BUMP - So does anyone know of any game genie codes for this game? I tried the regular US game genie codes, but the game crashes. I've been searching around for awhile, and have come up empty.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

BUMP

Lucied

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »

Wait...in all the mags I've ever read, and websites I've visited, I have never seen the Konami code referred to as having two BA button presses.  Where have you guys been looking?  blink.gif

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »

I already have the translated version, it's awesome! BUT, I'm looking for the game genie codes for this version. The USA codes freeze the game. Any ideas guys? sad.gif

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

Contra rocks.

Back in the day I watched my cousin beat it w/o dying one time.   ohmy.gif

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

Oh yeah, dose anybody remember what codes these games went to?

Code #1: down, R, up, L, Y, B

Code #2: down, up, left, left, A, right, down

#1 - Street Fighter II The World Warriors "SNES" On controller 1 when the "Capcom" logo appears.

#2 - Mortal Kombat "Genesis" On controller 1 at the menu select screen. This is the famous DULLARD code. It opens "Cheat Enabled"

Now, what's my prize? I know! Someone telling me where I can find game genie codes for Gryzor!!  biggrin.gif

ALSO I forgot to add this. That code for Street Fighter II, it makes the title screen Blue, instead of black, and during 2 player mode, both players can select the same character!

room88

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (infidelity @ Sep 8 2004, 01:47 PM)
WOW Gryzor is awesome!!
Thanks for mentioning this game ,room88! smile.gif

np. I too was surprised when I played Gryzor over the U.S. Contra.. Especially after playing it for all these years, to play it with all those little additional things was really cool and surprising to see smile.gif

And no, sorry I don't know any Game Genie codes sad.gif

I thought that the Contra Shrine at Classicgaming.com had the gryzor art.. but I don't see it there anymore..  http://www.classicgaming.com/contra/

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »

Thanks for thatl link. It contained the famicom boxart for Gryzor. I was able to find the famicom cartridge pic from google!
Pages: 1 [2]