xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Flash To 2.3  (Read 102 times)

newguyX

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

I loaded 2.3 onto the E: drive and I keep getting a HALT! in recovery.  I used the HDD version. <

vjreddy12

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

Did you pull the bin file out of the zip/rar file ?.... :D

EDIT: Also, what version is your XBox ?

This post has been edited by vjreddy12: Apr 8 2005, 09:05 AM <

appleguru

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »

Yes be sure you're using the recovery.bin file and that it is named as such... also, make sure you ftp the file over using a dashboard and not using XOS2's built in FTP.... If you have a 1.6 xbox, make sure your HDD is unlocked as well. <

newguyX

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »

I wasftp'ing it through xenium's os.  How do I do it through a dashboard? I have evoX <

Splendidus

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(appleguru @ Apr 8 2005, 11:06 AM)
Yes be sure you're using the recovery.bin file and that it is named as such... also, make sure you ftp the file over using a dashboard and not using XOS2's built in FTP.... If you have a 1.6 xbox, make sure your HDD is unlocked as well.

I got the same problem. So, I uploaded my recovery.bin to E thru Avalaunch dash. Then, when I try the recovery mode my box flashes yellow for like a minute or 2 then it goes red.

As you suggested I tried unlocking the hdd thru the menu in xenium os. So i unlocked it, tried the Recovery mode again. Same thing... Any suggestions? <

newguyX

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Splendidus @ Apr 10 2005, 11:55 AM)
I got the same problem. So, I uploaded my recovery.bin to E thru Avalaunch dash. Then, when I try the recovery mode my box flashes yellow for like a minute or 2 then it goes red.

As you suggested I tried unlocking the hdd thru the menu in xenium os. So i unlocked it, tried the Recovery mode again. Same thing... Any suggestions?

I got mine to work by uploading it thru the avalaunch dash.  What does the screen say when you hit recovery? <

Splendidus

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(newguyX @ Apr 10 2005, 04:00 PM)
I got mine to work by uploading it thru the avalaunch dash.  What does the screen say when you hit recovery?

Nothing, its black. <

appleguru

• Archived User
Can't Flash To 2.3
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Splendidus @ Apr 10 2005, 10:17 AM)
Nothing, its black.

Yeah, you have a 1.6 xbox so you wont see anything on screen... Solid Red after flashing orange means the same as "Halt!" which means it couldn't find the recovery.bin. Try re-uploading the recovery.bin with the dash.. and relock/unlock your hdd again just to be sure it's unlocked. Also ensure you're putting the recovery.bin on E:/ And make sure it's named "recovery.bin". If it still doesn't work you'll need to try burning a recovery ISO... :) <