xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Xbox Version Affect Install At All?  (Read 132 times)

aj6381

• Archived User
Does Xbox Version Affect Install At All?
« on: December 27, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

I have modded my xbox and 2 of my friends, but all of them so far were v1.0s. My other friend has a Halo LE 1.4 and wants to know if i can mod it. I have used the solderless adapter for all installs, and I want to know if I will be able to follow the exact same procedure for a v1.4. Any help will be appreciated.

sayguh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

Yep you should be able to follow the exact same instructions, only thing that might change is the d0 point.  I'll go check up on that and edit my post in a few min.  1.0-1.4's are all modded the same with only a change in the d0 point.  1.5's i've herd require a little extra work sometimes, and 1.6's well...we all know there a pain for newbs.

--edit--

You also need to locate the d0 point on your motherboard, there is
a d0 point located on both the top and bottom of the motherboard.
The location of the upper d0 point will differ for motherboard versions
1.0-1.1 and 1.2-1.5. The underside (and slightly larger) d0 point is
the same for all motherboard revisions. Either the upper or underside
d0 is needed for the installation of the Xenium, Team Xodus recommends
the underside d0 point for those who have limited soldering skills.

So all that will change is the d0 point, check the xenium site for pictures and such.  I got the quote from the pin header install manual (http://www.teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals/pinheader_Install_Manual.pdf)  The d0 pictures should work but i know they have a solderless manual there too somewhere.

This post has been edited by sayguh: Dec 28 2004, 02:48 PM

senator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

1.0-1.4
All pretty similar accept D0 moved...A few diff video chips conexant,focus
1.5 is same as above but also has no power or earth at LPC which needs rebuild...  2 wire solder...
1.6 - Full LPC rebuild all dead, mobo completely different to TSOP different video chip... easy to repair with the PCB 1.6 LPC rebuild
1.6b - also has different memory

GQJake81

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

also you might have to put the little gold rivets in if you didn't have to on a 1.0. my box had solder in the lpcs and i didn't have to use the rivets but i hear the latter versions don't have the solder in them.

just wish my busted ass box would work.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

Also the d0 is filled on a lot of 1.4s, so you may want to clean the d0 and either remove the solder from the d0 with a braid or use a small sharp knife like a Xacto and score the solder to get better contact.