xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65

Author Topic: Pcsxbox Compatibility List  (Read 8689 times)

kokenjr

• Archived User
Pcsxbox Compatibility List
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

shaman king (NTSC JAP)- 99.9% Make sure to turn off all CPU fixes. Works in both HLE/BIOS mode. When the title screen first appears in HLE mode a man's voice is heard saying "Shaman King...", but in BIOS an adoloscent's. I personally prefer HLE.

I gave up on one piece grand battle, and i'm trying to obtain opgb 2. Guess it was just a bad file. Thanks for those who may have tried to look into it for me, don't loose patience like me.  laugh.gif

kokenjr

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

Addition: Ghost in the shell (PAL), sounds best with all cpu fixes off.

mattyj25

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »

Brave Fencer Musashi works just fine for me.  I was expecting it to crash when I left Spiral Tower (just finished D/L'ing it when I read the post about crashing so I figured I might as well see if I get the same results or not).  Anyway, works fine for me except the text when the characters are speaking seems like it doesn't know how to refresh.  NTSC version/Bios mode, frame skip off.  Music and frame rate seem pretty good.  With frameskip on it gave me a headache.

stooge999x

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

UPDATE:

Clock Tower BIOS = work fine HLE = works fine NOTE: if you get  blank screens make sure frameskip is ON

isaac_24

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Johnrx86 @ Jul 24 2004, 05:23 AM)
i'm having trouble getting vagrant story to work.. it crashes after the intro.. tried both HLE and bios mode... it displays part of the titlescreen distorted and hangs.. any ideas on how to get this to worK?

Make sure you do not have any type of video filtering. Set it to "NONE." At least, that fixed it for me.

Vegitto

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

UPDATE:

Eternal Eyes - BIOS works fine

Mozee

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

Just wanted to point out (sorry if this already known) that the FFVIII Battle screen problem can be easily fixed by turning "Frameskip" Off, "Use Old Frameskip" On, and "Lazy Screen Updates" On. [EDIT] Oh and, you may want to unmap throttle as well. Not completely sure if ALL FOUR of these things need to be configured, but it enssured a fully fuctional game for me.

lsd4me

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

I believe another psxbox update will a huge improvement, I bet metal gear solid and the likes will run properly.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

you think it was about time i put a game down on this thing

im going to post my finding incase someone wants to debate about it and see if they got other games working that i didn't  smile.gif

this is what i tested so far

Battle Hunter Bios- gameplay is at 100%, music is fine, froze up on me when i clicked on the 2nd option to the right at the main menu. HLE- music doesn't work and there are saving problems

Breakout Bios/HLE-gameplay is fine, instead of music you can buzzing noises,it could be the game though, just turn off the CDDA, the SFX seem to be alittle screwed up (some sort of echo)

I believe another psxbox update will a huge improvement, I bet metal gear solid and the likes will run properly

yeah, i can't wait for another version of pcsxbox, doubt it will happen though, but im sure more games will work better  smile.gif

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

did some more

intelligent qube Bios-game runs perfect, small glitch in the beginning video, but lets just ignore that and call the game perfect. HLE- gameplay is at full speed but the sound is delayed sometimes sound doesn't even work

C: the contra adventure Bios/HLE- game runs at full speed. Fixed misson briefing menu that didn't show by turning old frameskip ON and the rest OFF, the pause menu in 3d mode still doesn't work. Also the music is this buzzing noise so disable the CDDA (this could be my game though). unmap the throttle

syphon filter Bios/HLE- got to the 989 logo and the game froze, tried everything but couldn't get it to work

tried this one again

castlevania sotn Bios-default settings, almost perfect, music is sometimes distorted, voices are sometimes distorted
also you can try frameskip off and old frameskip on, this makes the voices better, but the game lags more
theres also frameskip off, old frameskip on, framelimit off, this makes the game run good, faster than the original but i noticed that the music was worse and i would rather have it run slightly slower and have the music

kokenjr

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »

Samurai Deeper Kyo: Works fine in both Bios/HLE. All CPU fixes off.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

sad.gif

IF ANYONE HAS GOTTEN DIABLO NTSC VERSION WORKING PLEASE, PLEASE POST IT HERE AND LET ME KNOW. THIS GAME IS TOO VALUABLE TO GIVE UP

smile.gif

kokenjr

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

Rurouni Kenshin RPG: Works perfectly in Bios, but freezes up in HLE (All CPU fixes off...btw)

I Personally would go with BIOS, but if you want to mess around with HLE a bit, by all means do so.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

bushido blade 2 Bios- old frameskip ON, everything else OFF. Runs at full speed, main menu music is slow and jittery

rimsky82

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

original gameday is listed as not working...

I haven't played with the settings much...

the sound at the menu is screwed up, but gameplay seems to be perfect if not almost perfect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65