xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: The Official Surreal64 Help Thread  (Read 7281 times)

johnmiceter

• Archived User
The Official Surreal64 Help Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

Iriez, I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I followed your exact instructions and it works now smile.gif

The oly thing now is, every time I go to load up a rom, it loads it ok, but as soon as it finished laoding, it just turns into a black screen and stays there ?  I've tried about 10 different games and they all do the same .

Any idea on why it does this ?

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

Yea, not patching the 1964.xbe, pj64.xbe and ultrahle.xbe

That or the rom you have is bad. Is it goodn64 verified and verified in the compatibility thread to be working?

ampedXR

• Recovered User
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnmiceter @ Jan 9 2004, 08:52 PM)
Iriez, I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I followed your exact instructions and it works now smile.gif

The oly thing now is, every time I go to load up a rom, it loads it ok, but as soon as it finished laoding, it just turns into a black screen and stays there ?  I've tried about 10 different games and they all do the same .

Any idea on why it does this ?

same problem here, and I have patched everything. Kinda weird.

The roms seem fine because I can play them on my pc, like on project64 for pc and stuff. The games dont seem to matter

johnmiceter

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

Do you think it's something in the settings that's causing black screens for all the roms ?

Because the roms do seem to be fine. The ones I tested were, Mario party 1,2 and 3. US and E versions. Mario Golf US, Mario Tennis US and E , Mario 64 and Mario Kart.

By reading the compatibillity thread, they all play perfect exccept Mario Tennis I think ?

But for me , every time I load a rom up , you see it loading and goes past 100% and then it looks like the game is about to load up, but it's just a black screen.

And it just stays black for ever .

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

The reason that would happen is because there is a issue launching the second xbe, whichever emulator it may be. If it is with known good games, then its most likely a bios issue, whether it be a xecuter 1, or a not properly/inproperly patched xbe.

You got it to load in the first place, so im not sure what other advice to offer. Phoneix bios loader might be a better solution for you.

parkerbender

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

okay, i am still having problems, i dont know if my last post was deleted or i just screwed it up, but when i find it all there is to download is the 4 config files, 1964 RiceDaedalus5.1.0 surreal and ultra.  where am i supposed to find the other files, it seems the usual irc channel is own, and on different ones that ARE up, i get this 2.5 meg download w these 4 files.  am i supposed to do something with these files or am i just getting the wrong thing, please pm or something!!!!!

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

Yes, you are missing files. Make sure you are using the latest winrar to extract the contents. This is not a forum to help you find files.

ANOTHER REMINDER , since people didnt read the first few.

This is not a bug thread. Please do not report game bugs here, or ask questions which are CLEARLY answered by reading the README or the first post of this thread.

Any questions that are asked that are clearly adressed in this first post or README, or any other material unrelevent to this thread will be deleted.

asher

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

iriez...thank you from the bottom of my heart...
now i can play my roms...
thanksssssssssss

Antipop

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

Is there somewhere a list of working roms on surreal64...?

teyene

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Iriez @ Jan 9 2004, 05:24 AM)
QUOTE (one2 @ Jan 8 2004, 06:05 PM)
I've had the same problem with verified zipped roms not showing up in surreal, but I resolved that by unzipping those roms and reuploading. perhaps it's due to zip files having imbedded comments or having more than one file in the zip that causes the problem. hope this helps somebody.

This would make sense.

If the file is zipped in a way that surreal cannot process, then it will not be able to extract the rom to verify the crc , and check against surreal.ini to see which rom it is.

I'll add that to the first post.

This has solved my problem. Thank you so much.

bballctr144

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

i cannot get the right click menu to pop up when i hit it in surreal...it just freezes my game and causes it to run slow..

any suggestions..thanks

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

Which game are you running?(specific rom info please) Its possible that the game is starting with not enough memory. Right click as soon as the game starts...as in when you see the very first intro of the game. There should be sufficient memory to display the menu then.

Turn on debug info and watch the free mem. If it drops below 3mb then you are running out of memory to display the menu. Adjust the memory settings before launching.

johnmiceter

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »

Iriez, I just wanted to say thanks for helping me . I finally got this to work.

All's I did, was unzipped the surreal 64 again , and repatched them only with xbepatcher, not Craxtion, and then I just burned it as data to a DVDRW and it works smile.gif

So thanks, I can finally enjoy this great Emulator  beerchug.gif

baysic

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

that worked for me too.. I was going crazy with the hanging on the black screen until I deleted all xbe  and extracted again from winrar and used xbepatch only

EarthBound

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

I have a question,We i tried to put roms in the folder F:/Roms they wont show up.Is their a limit of how many roms you can have?I have 18 so far but when i try to add more they wont show up.How do i fix this>?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54