xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54

Author Topic: The Official Surreal64 Help Thread  (Read 7258 times)

Iriez

• Administrator
The Official Surreal64 Help Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

Right thumb click on the analog stick and press save state 1.

Load save state 1 to load that position.

If loading it doesnt work, then its probably a memory issue that needs to be resolved. The loading states is buggy atm.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

It was Super Mario 64 (U) [!] from memory (I"m at work at the mo). I've found alt copies of Super Mario 64 (U) [!] and Super Mario 64 (E) [!] so I'll see what happens with these...but if good64 says my one is ok, it should have the same CRC, so it should be listed....hm....wonder if there are some issues here?

Dozi

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

I would just like to know if anyone has successfully been able to run Surreal on a nonflashable mod such as Xecuter1 or Enigmah?  I have X1 and am unable to get Surreal to load from Evox, Avalaunch, nor XBMP.  I tried patching with dexbe to retail.  dexbe shows it as a verified retail xbe but it still freezes.  Im at a loss.  sad.gif

Ranmaru

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

Hello, I am running 4034 bios on evox 3753 (old I know, but it was what I started with and has worked fine so far, so no need to fix it yet), when I try to run it, it stays at the EvolutionX logo until I restart.  I have an unmodded xbox using the font hack.  If the problem is the old evox, then it is time to upgrade.  Are there any suggestions that you might have?  I know there were the suggestions for the other bioses, but since this wasn't listed, I figured I'd ask.  Thank you very much for your time and for your work on the emulator.

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

Dont you need to patch your files to have them launch on a font exploited box?

To my understanding the only reason your evox is loading is because the font exploit allowed it to be loaded. At this point any other xbe that is loaded is loaded through the retail bios's rules and standards. This is why people use PBL in conjunction with the font hack.

If i am right and this is the case, then of course it wouldnt load. Its a unsigned xbe.

I would just like to know if anyone has successfully been able to run Surreal on a nonflashable mod such as Xecuter1 or Enigmah?

Yes, i have spoken to many people who have. All used either dexbe, craxtion, or xbe patcher.

Ranmaru

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

well, I've been able to run my other applications fine (XBMP, SNES emu, backup games, etc.) having them re-signed, however, I believe this is the first time this has happened for me.  I may have to find PBL and try that and see if it works.  Thank you for the information.

soundforce

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

im still having the same problem  the first time i load surreal the comments and the * above the emulator that works best are intact but after i load a rom, then exit the comments and * are gone. I have to go to the ms dash and delete the surreal save and reboot surreal in order for them to come back. i even tried deleting everything to do with surreal including the game save, redownloading it and copying it to my hdd agian, same prob. does surreal write something to my hdd other than /E:/TDATA/a64fea57/surreal.ini that i should be deleting before a reinstall? im using Xecuter2.4979_REPACK bios. i know i asked this question before but not sure where else to go for help.

aliens0098

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

I love Surreal and was having tons of fun with it until i decided to mess around on the main menu.  I clicked on the refresh button in the lower right hand side and all of a sudden all my roms disappeared! WHAT SHOULD I DO. thanks

one2

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

I've had the same problem with verified zipped roms not showing up in surreal, but I resolved that by unzipping those roms and reuploading. perhaps it's due to zip files having imbedded comments or having more than one file in the zip that causes the problem. hope this helps somebody.

ThreeGKid

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Fixed it.

This post has been edited by ThreeGKid: Jan 9 2004, 12:40 AM

ftc2002

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

I am having a problem loading my roms, I already patched the xbe to get the emulator. Now the emulator loads but when I go to select the roms they start loading. It goes from 0 to 100 percent and then the screen just stays black. I seen a couple posts about this, but no replies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (aliens0098 @ Jan 8 2004, 05:55 PM)
I love Surreal and was having tons of fun with it until i decided to mess around on the main menu.  I clicked on the refresh button in the lower right hand side and all of a sudden all my roms disappeared! WHAT SHOULD I DO. thanks

You should read this first post.

Edit the surreal ini to point to your rompath, and refresh.

well, I've been able to run my other applications fine (XBMP, SNES emu, backup games, etc.) having them re-signed

That was what i thought. I dont know about that process, so im unsure of whether it would work with surreal.

does surreal write something to my hdd other than /E:/TDATA/a64fea57/surreal.ini that i should be deleting before a reinstall?

No.

I honestly dont know what your issue is. Are you pressing the Y button before launching? That removes/adds the little star. I dont know whats happening, so im unsure of what advice i can give.

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (one2 @ Jan 8 2004, 06:05 PM)
I've had the same problem with verified zipped roms not showing up in surreal, but I resolved that by unzipping those roms and reuploading. perhaps it's due to zip files having imbedded comments or having more than one file in the zip that causes the problem. hope this helps somebody.

This would make sense.

If the file is zipped in a way that surreal cannot process, then it will not be able to extract the rom to verify the crc , and check against surreal.ini to see which rom it is.

I'll add that to the first post.

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (ftc2002 @ Jan 8 2004, 10:04 PM)
I am having a problem loading my roms, I already patched the xbe to get the emulator. Now the emulator loads but when I go to select the roms they start loading. It goes from 0 to 100 percent and then the screen just stays black. I seen a couple posts about this, but no replies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You said xbe. That doesnt sound plural = )

Did you patch the other xbe's the same way? All xbe's need to be patched.

Beelzebud

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Ok, I've just had a strange problem crop up.  I have a verified Super Mario 64 [!].  It has worked flawlessly ever since I installed SurrealX.  Tonight I load the rom up and Mario's head (on the title screen) is mostly white.  I have tried deleting the folder in TDATA and UDATA, and I even deleted the "save game" from inside the MS dashboard.  Then I unzipped the rom and put it back in my directory.  It's still showing this weird mostly-white head.  When I load a save game, the game itself looks fine, but I just can't figure out why Mario's head on that title screen is white now.

When I use 1964 his head is displaying fine.  I even tried a rom from a different source.  1964 it's ok, and in ultra hle it looks white.   It's just got me stumped because the other day it was fine.

Like I said, in-game appears to be okay so far.   It's just his head at the beginning.  Every other rom I've loaded has been fine as well.  Even Goldeneye loaded in Ultra HLE.  Is Mario playable/completeable in 1964 or pj-64?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54