xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bruce Lee (the Old 8-bit Game)  (Read 201 times)

barfarf

• Archived User
Bruce Lee (the Old 8-bit Game)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 01:29:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 01:35:00 AM »

http://www.planetflibble.com/blitz/

For pc users
you could probably get this working in wine on gentoo

I first played the speccy version remember you got 99 lives if you collected the Yin & yang symbols until your lives were into double digits. Not sure if this was a bug specific to the speccy version. Later played the C64 version which didn't seem to have this bug.

Not as good as bak2skool.

openwindow

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2003, 06:32:00 AM »

wink.gif

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

sad.gif

Also some of my other favorites were Blue Max, Elite, and Lazy Jones.  It's a shame Elite will not likely be played on xbox...unless if you have a keyboard.  On second thought, I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it anyways.  jester.gif

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »

ohmy.gif i remember playing this game on our families old Apple IIe laugh.gif this game, karateka, lode runner....aah the memories after seeing that screenshot, I didn't know bruce lee was playable on other systems? I completely forgot about the game until i saw the screenshot, i don't know if this slipped by me or something i usually lurk the emu forums here alot...but is there an Apple II emu on the xbox? I'd love to play this game again just for memories sake

Tanas

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »

It might work but not for long.

Mclane

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (barfarf @ Oct 6 2003, 10:29 AM)
Okay, have to join in on this one.  I love Jumpman, Archon, Spelunker, Mountain King, M.U.L.E., and Ballblazer too.  

I've been enjoying the atarixlbox immensely.  Having said that (I'm not crabbing, just noticing that) I think the sound on the emu might be an octave too high.  

Kudos to an excellent port.  If I ever win the lottery, I'll fund xport to do emulation full time!

biggrin.gif

Excellent taste there, I thought I was the only Jumpman and Spelunker fan :-)

One of my first reviews for Atari User was MULE :-)

As for the Octave high, its not set to NTSC and New Pokey by anychance, the sound will be nothing like you remember if so. What I love about the port apart from the quality is that it supports zips which none of the others do as yet, so my TOSEC collection streams straight off the PC very nicely indeed with having to unzip 'em.

Oh, dunno if people notice that Bruce Lee (back on topic) was quite clever, if you used the slightly naughty option of setting up a 2 player game to make the game easier if you were playing it actually one player (try it, you'll see what I mean) then if you didn't move joystick 2 after a little while the computer took over control and reverted it back to a one player game :-)
Pages: 1 [2]