xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios Screen Not Present  (Read 64 times)

xianadvisor

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

I just installed my mod him. Xecuter 2.6 and all the lights are working, my D0 connection is good, but instead of my Bios screen, I get error 07 and the LED on the front blinks green off and on.  When i put back in the hard drive and DVD it boots normal, even though the mod chip is enabled.  Help???

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

Error 7 is usually HDD Timeout, which most of the time has to do with the IDE cable not being plugged in correctly. When you install the cable on the mobo & the DVD drive again, that should normally clear that error.

This post has been edited by lawdawg0931: Feb 16 2006, 03:35 AM

xianadvisor

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

But with nothing plugged in, I should be able to switch to either Bank 1 or 2 in order to get the Bios screen, shouldn't I??

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

Just another thought, I bought an X2.6 CE not long ago that either had an outdated version of Flashbios on it or it was a bad flash. Either way, I had to use the X2 Programmer. If you have one of these, you might try using it along with this tutorial:
http://www.teamxecuter.com/x2prog/?CMSSESS...9da7b36cc58c712
It seemed to work out for me when I couldn't even bring up Flashbios screen.

xianadvisor

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

If I have no ability to do any of that, any other way to tell if I just have a bad flash?

northernmonkey

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

your xbox is behaving as if your modchip isnt there, check the D0 check all the wires running to the switch.

You are right, even without the dvdrom/hdd plugged in you should see get flashbios screen

xianadvisor

• Archived User
Bios Screen Not Present
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

On the adaptor the lights for the D0 and D1 light up along with the light on the modchip, so it should be connected. I put the chip in both my other moded xboxes and it pulled the screen up, so i cannot see why in this new one it will not work, especially since all the light come on.