xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frags With Or Without Chip! Xcuter 3  (Read 79 times)

ungadan

• Archived User
Frags With Or Without Chip! Xcuter 3
« on: February 13, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

Ok, first of all thanks for the help in advance. I have been reading posts but nothing seems to be like this.

I have a 1.6 xbox and the xcuter3ce chip. This is my first mod but I had the guy that modded my other xbox check this out and he is stumped too. It all started when i was getting the "please call customer service" screen on boot before i tried to mod it. I thought that my os died and so I figured it was a perfect time to mod it. I got the chip all installed and now its fragging. I checked my solder points and they looked good but i unsoldered the pin headers and had a friend help to be sure since he has had ALOT more solder time and xbox modding time in then I do. He replaced the pin headers with all fresh ones and did it himself and it is still fragging. We checked the voltage to the chip and its good. I am getting 2 blue lights and 1 red on the chip and red on the front panel selector. power seems to be good and the solder points seem to me making all the right connections.

I donno what to do. What is really odd is when we took all the mod stuff off it is still fragging. What could be causing that? Now I get no video, no sound and 3 reboots no matter if the chip is installed or completly removed. When i say we took it out we took everything out including all the pin headers. Totaly back to stock. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dano

northernmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 04:10:00 AM »

the fact that it frags when the modchip is removed isnt a good sign, seems like the motherboard may be damaged, remove all the wires and pin header too so its back to stock and see if it boots, if it doesnt you may have damaged it somewhere.

ungadan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 04:35:00 AM »

if thats the case, any suggestions? I can take pics of anything you want I have a good digital cam. I really don't want to have to toss the board.

northernmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

if you cant see any obvious damage my suggestion would be to send it to a local fitter for repair

ungadan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

Local fitter? never herd of that.

northernmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

I mean someone who lives 'local' (near/close by) to you who has lots of experience in fitting/repairing xbox consoles