xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Heeelp!  (Read 225 times)

On3D33p

• Archived User
Heeelp!
« on: February 10, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

I just attempted to flash my EEPROM with a virgin one to use live. i followed the tut to a t with configmagic final. i think i got a bad flash though. every time i turn on my xbox the X3 is disabled, no matter how long of a power press. after a few secs, it enables and chills on a black screen with a solid green light. the best that i can do is load flashbios version 3.03. so i figured id try the cromwell patched eeprom fix. i follow the tut for that then flash a 256k bank with the cromwell-patched.bin. when i turn my xbox back on i get the same thing, but when the chip finally enables the eject light goes green and then the box shuts off. am i doing something wrong or could something be wrong with my X3 like maybe the D0 wire. may be off topic, but i figured it might be a problem with  the chip. anyone got any ideas or had a problem like this before???

HardcorePooka

• Archived User
Heeelp!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »

What version xbox do you have? And what version EEPROM did you try to use?

From what I remember if you have a 1.6, you can only use a 1.6 EEPROM...

On3D33p

• Archived User
Heeelp!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

liveinfo lets you change the version of the eeprom, but it was an eeprom off of a 1.0. i changed everything properly with liveinfo, and double checked it with configmagic.

HardcorePooka

• Archived User
Heeelp!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

I'm almost positive that you need a 1.6 EEPROM. From what I remember 1.0-1.5 are all interchangeable... but 1.6 must have a 1.6 wether you change the version in it or not.

I'd say talk to Zodiiak over in the BST forum... he can probably help you out. And he'll be able to confirm or deny what I've said.

On3D33p

• Archived User
Heeelp!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

alright man sounds good, ill do that. but i have a backup of my original eeprom, id like to get it reflashed if i could. but i cant get the cromwell-patched fix to work, the best i can do right now is get flashbios loaded. is there any bios i could flash that supports reflashing eeprom? i cant seem to get the x3 bios to work or id just flash it from there, you think somethings up with my D0? its acting like it doesnt want to boot with the chip enabled?