xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Huntsvegas Svn Repos  (Read 592 times)

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »

I am now hosting subversion repositories for libraries I am working on. Currently I have repos for SDLx and guichanX.

The state of the SDLx repo is exactly as can be obtained in the 0.11_beta source package that is widely available.

Plans I have for SDLx:

- Add Widescreen and HDTV resolution support.
  - Produce branch derived from the current stable libsdl 1.2 (1.2.14)
  - Produce branch derived from development libsdl 1.3
  - In libsdl 1.3 branch add Xbox support for the newly introduced forced feedback support (so that multi-platform rumble code will work with the Xbox controller.)

GuichanX is the source release of guichan 0.8.2 with Xbox project files. It works very well as is and the only thing I need to add to make it fully functional is xbox controller support.

I installed the very nice websvn repo browser which has too much functionality to completely get into here but you can monitor all changes with it, look at logs, revisions, diffs, view source, etc. You can also subscribe to the repos RSS feeds to stay aware of all commits. You can see it here: http://svn.huntsvegas.org

You can checkout a repo as described in the welcome message on the websvn welcome message using an svn interface of your choice (like tortouiseSVN) or with the command-line:

CODE
svn co http://www.huntsvegas.org/svn/SDLx SDLx

CODE
svn co http://www.huntsvegas.org/svn/guichanX guichanX

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

HDTV is now implemented into trunk in the SDLx repo.

It returns a resolution list based on the system settings. It supports 1080i, 720p, 720x480 (480i and 480p), and 640x480 (480i and 480p).

All the resolutions that were already provided by SDLx (320x200 - 800x600) are still supported but as before they are all scaled to 640x480 and SDLx will automatically set the television to 640x480.

Here is a basic rundown of what you get:

- Enabling 480p will cause SDLx to use progressive scan for both 480p resolutions as well as all scaled resolutions.
 - Enabling 720p will cause SDLx to add 1280x720 to the modes list. This mode will set the widescreen flag no matter what your systems widescreen settings are and it will, of course, be in progressive scan.
 - Enabling 1080i will cause SDLx to add 1920x1080 to the modes list. This mode will set the wisescreen flag no matter what your systems widescreen settings are and it will be interlaced.
 - Enabling widescreen on the system will cause SDLx to add the 720x480 resolution to the modes list. It will be interlaced if 480p is disabled and it will be progressive if 480p is enabled.

No code change is required to get these new modes into an application. For Odamex all I had to do was compile against this new library and since it provides all the returned modes to the user as options the modes automatically appeared in the resolution selector. Then all I had to do was work on optimization to make them smooth. Of course for games that have the resolution hard coded there may be more work but if the game supports variable resolutions you should be able to simply set your sdl vid mode to one of the new resolutions. Really though, you should be checking the modes returned from SDL to make sure the resolution you want to try is returned so you will know it is enabled on the system.

This should completely eliminate the need to release packages with multiple xbe's in them to support HDTV modes. You can either make the resolution selectable or read it from a config file so that the end-user can set it as they wish.

Any feedback is welcome.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »

Great work. Will look into this in due time.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

I have added the libAgarX repository. Please see this post for information about it: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4677015

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »

Ignore this. Found ft2build.h

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »

Having some issues compiling the libAgarX samples , linker errors with libcmt. What is the recommended setting?

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »

It should already be set in the project settings to multi-threaded (/mt).

Just so you know I am going to soon be redoing libAgarX using the 1.4.X series. It actually came out a day or two before I committed the current library but I wasn't aware of it unfortunately. Also, the joystick is not implemented. You will have to read the joystick and warp the cursor manually if you want to use it. A mouse and keyboard works. Another thing that needs to be done is thread support. That would require either implementing thread API that the Xbox supports or porting the pthread-win32 library. I think the latter is probably the way to go. It isn't a critical need but Agar makes good use of threads if they are enabled.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look at the SVN for updates.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »

Each of those repos has RSS feeds you can subscribe to which will alert you to any commits made. Just take a look at the repo browser for the feeds.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »

I have added the pthreads-xbox library. A dedicated thread is here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=719694

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

I added mouse scroll wheel support to SDLx today. This gets the scroll wheel working in both Odamex and the launcher. Any current SDL app that supports mouse should support the mouse wheel with a simple recompile if the app supported the mouse wheel in the first place (most should as it is simply 2 buttons in SDL.)

I also added a new project. It doesn't do much more than detect device insertion and removal at the moment but it will hopefully turn into an easy to use C++ Xbox device library with support for gamepads, mouse, keyboard, headset (headphone and microphone), memory units, etc. The start of that is here: http://svn.huntsvega...wsvn/XDeviceLib?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »

Good stuff. Been away but looking forward to any xbox1 Dev work you are doing

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »

Good to know you are back. I had a hell of a time figuring out the mouse wheel. I was going to jump in here and see if you had any insight. I realized the key was the packet number before I had to do that though. It was not obvious to me but I did slap my forehead when it donned on me. I have some major plans for libSDLx. I will also be removing my agar repository because the first release of Agar with Xbox support has been made: http://wiki.libagar....wiki/Agar-1.4.1
Unfortunately I don't think the project auto generation (which is provided by BSDBuild) will generate Xbox projects yet. I am going to try to put together a 1.4.1 source package with project files, config files, and headers so that people can use Agar (as well as build the odamex launcher from source.) I know you expressed interest in messing with Agar in the past.

Ez0n3

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

Thanks for the update, making good use of libSDLx wink.gif

Still playing around with all of your other stuff  happy.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Huntsvegas Svn Repos
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Apr 3 2011, 03:56 PM) View Post

I was going to jump in here and see if you had any insight. I realized the key was the packet number before I had to do that though. It was not obvious to me but I did slap my forehead when it donned on me. I have some major plans for libSDLx. I will also be removing my agar repository because the first release of Agar with Xbox support has been made: http://wiki.libagar....wiki/Agar-1.4.1
Unfortunately I don't think the project auto generation (which is provided by BSDBuild) will generate Xbox projects yet. I am going to try to put together a 1.4.1 source package with project files, config files, and headers so that people can use Agar (as well as build the odamex launcher from source.) I know you expressed interest in messing with Agar in the past.

I wasn't much of a xbox1 developer to begin with - was messing more with the linux and partitioning stuff. Nevertheless all these work with libSDLx and Agar can only be good since the bulk of homebrew xbox1 games use SDLx.

I will look at your recent work at the earliest opportunity soon - too much on my plate with other projects taking much of my time  tongue.gif