xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Converting Xbox Retail To Debug  (Read 160 times)

lllsondowlll

• Archived User
Converting Xbox Retail To Debug
« on: July 09, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »

I'm trying to convert a retail to a debug, I have an Xbox 1.4. I tried manually installing the files however when I did load it with pheonix Bios Launcher the screen was garbled so I figured I had a focus chip so I downloaded a Bios launcher named "debug-1.4-Gueux-NeT" and it claimes it auto loads the XDK dash with no additional files. I load it and get black screen. I can load 1 debug bios but it freezes at the xbox dash screen and so do the other retail bios I can't figure out what the problem is.

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

It should work with the Phoenix Bios Loader. You need to copy all the debug dash files to the xbox C and E partition. They can stay there together with the retail dash, and even with a softmodded dash.

I never had much luck with the gueux biosses either. I used the unmodded 5558 bios and the tatx bios.
The latest xdk's came with a couple of different debug biosses. This was probably to support 1.4 and 1.6 xboxes.

I use the Phoenix Bios Loader that comes with the ndure toolset. You can find it in the E:\ndts folder of your xbox. it's the default.xbe in there. (You will need the boot.cfg as well.)

The tatx bios had the advantage that I could also see my F partition, and it was also running retail signed xbe's. Unmodified debug biosses only run debug signed xbe's.

regards.

lllsondowlll

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »

I will try it but I pretty much did everything you asked except for the ndure tools because I don't use ndure. The LEDs flash green and orange than red and orange than it reboots to a green LED and no video input...

This post has been edited by lllsondowlll: Jul 11 2009, 05:42 PM

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:55:00 AM »

I just mention the default.xbe in the ndts folder because I know it is a working lite version of the Phoenix Bios Loader. It doesn't show any splash screen. It just does what it needs to do: Loading another bios.

I know it works, that's why I name it as a reference.

If you set the debug=True in the Phoenix Bios Loader confguration file, than it will create a logging file which might show some usefull information about the proces.

If it doesn't work, it's not really telling you the reason. That can be annoying.

regards.