xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Post Binaries Openxdk *samples*  (Read 164 times)

openxdkman

• Archived User
Please Post Binaries Openxdk *samples*
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

I don't know anything about Linux running on Xbox1 hardware.
Openxdk NEEDS standard xbox1 kernel to run.
Because it calls many kernel low level functions.
Maybe standard kernel is no longer here when Linux boots (I guess Linux has its own kernel)?

Openxdk is made to allow you to run .xbe from a dash. That way, free ram is all ram minus what dash consumes.

Also Linux is oriented multitask whereas xbox1 kernel is oriented monotask

What you can do is to create new libraries for Linux that copies a bit what openxdk code does at low level.

But be aware that handling context switching (at GPU level for example) for concurrent applications under Linux is a NIGHTMARE when documentation is kept secret by chipsets manufacturers.

swolchok

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

I guess my post wasn't clear -- my Xbox is not running Linux; it's softmodded and running UnrealX. My laptop, which I use to run the OpenXDK, is running Linux. The generated XBEs are not running properly (as outlined in my original post), so I'd like a set of known working XBEs compiled by someone with a working OpenXDK to compare against (using a disassembler). I am under the impression that it's legal for someone with a working OpenXDK to post these XBEs since they were generated with OpenXDK and the whole point of OpenXDK is to make that possible.

Edit #1: Oh, I missed the XBE ready to run note at the end of your post. That should help (although I'd really like very simple demos, without having to install pbKit and add more complexity)!

Edit #2: The pbkit stuff you link to doesn't include actual XBEs. Source isn't going to help me, since I think that the problem is my OpenXDK build not generating correct XBEs.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »

I had to remove the links because I realized I saved space by removing .xbe from all archives.
I'm trying to look for a compiled xbe I could publish again at the moment.
But my current ISP is unstable, I can't touch my published archives anymore and I expect to lose all of them at the end of this month (January 2009). I have their copies on hard disk so I will be able to upload them once more and fix all the URL's to them in x-s posts I've made so far, but will take time.

I could publish in another space storage oggdec.zip that holds a .ogg music file and oggdec.xbe that should convert it back to a .wav
http://minilgos.com/oggdec.zip

swolchok

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »

Thanks! Does this correspond to the oggdec source that you linked to before?

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:00 AM »

yes
(look at bottom of oggdec.c)