xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Into Pnet?  (Read 192 times)

Need Help Now!

• Archived User
Getting Into Pnet?
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

I recently aquired a release of the Halo 2 Beta and was curious as to if anyone knew a way to get register yourself onto Pnet? I guess the newest versions of the XDK for the orignal xbox will allow you to access Pnet(Partner Net), but I am unsure how to go about installing XDK 5933 onto my xbox as technically that should work with ParnetNet.

Thanks to any help that can be offered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif).

-NHN!

This post has been edited by Need Help Now!: Mar 14 2008, 06:02 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Getting Into Pnet?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »

If you haven't installed XDK on your XBox, you're about 10 steps away from PNet at least.  I don't even know what PNet is, but it wouldn't suprise me if you needed an actual membership to that and if you had that, you would have a licensed debug box and wouldn't need to put it on there.  

2 important questions would be, which version XBox do you have, and is it hardmodded or softmodded?

Mine is a v1.0 and it's softmodded.  If that's the case with you, I may be able to assist, but if it's not, you're going to have to figure that all out on your own.  I might be able to point you in the direction of a few threads, but since it took me about 30 hours to get it working on my XBox, you'll understand why people aren't that inclined to help somebody do this.  There's too many variables and even if somebody got it working on their XBox in 30 hours, it might take 100 to get it working for somebody else.  

Not trying to discourage you in any way.  I'm here to help if I can.  It's totally worth getting to this point if you're interested.  You just might have quite a bit of work getting there.  

Good luck

Agent ME

• Archived User
Getting Into Pnet?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

I'm not sure you can connect to p-net on a retail xbox. Maybe they have a different type for the h2-beta that is.

The Halo2-beta you have - is it the semi-public release for multiplayer/online testing? I'm pretty sure that was for use on retail xboxs, and you had to be registered beforehand with Microsoft for the beta in order to log in online and use it. So there's no way you'll be able to use it in its regular form now.

It might be possible to hack it so it can be used offline, or at least explore the files.

Need Help Now!

• Archived User
Getting Into Pnet?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

The Halo 2 beta I've got was Microsoft Internal only. It was only designed to work with Debug Kits, Not retail, and it can only be launched via the XDK. I know that for a fact.

As for my Xbox, I chipped it myself, It's a 1.4 and I have got plenty of space for the XDK and the Beta. I may have found a work around to Pnet though. I have found a few individuals who have modifyed the default XBE to allow System Link/Split Screen. As for Pnet itself, It techincally should work on the newer Xbox 1 Debug kits. Maybe I should try getting my hands on one of them. I know that you can access Pnet on the Halo 2 beta via a Dev360.

Thanks for the help.

-NHN!

This post has been edited by Need Help Now!: Mar 17 2008, 05:55 PM

old engineer

• Archived User
Getting Into Pnet?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »

Please be careful with where this thread is going, It's getting very close to the point of being closed.

...All I will add is that access to PN is ONLY meant for officially licensed developers, so if you don't have a license don't mess with PN.