xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Openxdk Status Of C++ Support, Stlport As Alternative For Iostream And  (Read 112 times)

openxdkman

• Archived User

I think from the people in charge of openxdk, craig, (owner of openxdk.org) made an effort to support it. Then more updates came to fix essential stuff, but no one really cared about C++.

I have no write access to CVS image. And I almost never use C++ approach.
So, I suggest people really wanting C++ to start maintaining patches of their own while publishing it and advertising it. Explain what it fixes and what files are to change. Eventually publish diffs.
(a bit like the patch I published to unlock irq3 for pbkit)

There is no warranty the CVS image will integrate them, but C++ fans will be able to collect patches together and reach some point (I'm sure people with write access are no longer reading this forum and are all focused on next-gen consoles).

Carcharius

• Archived User
Openxdk Status Of C++ Support, Stlport As Alternative For Iostream And
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

I have an incomplete project, the target of which was to create an xbox specific toolchain (ports of gcc, binutils etc).

This includes full c++ support - as an example I was able to build and run an OpenXDK port of ScummVM, although it wasn't usable due to other issues in OpenXDK.

The port of gcc etc is mostly done (from what I can remember - it's been over 12 months since I looked at it). The incomplete part of the project was an attempt to get around the other issues.

If I can find time I will have a look and see what state things are in. The toolchain port is probably fairly out of date by now, but it might be useful for someone to use as a base to update from.

With regard to patches to the CVS - I haven't looked at the CVS code in some time, but I do have write access so if you have any patches against it (especially openxdkman) let me know.

Carcharius

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »

I've added the patch to the CVS, so that should now be available.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:44:00 AM »

Thanks a lot!

(pbKit demos -without patch- and SdlDoom work fine with today CVS snapshot. I've updated my openxdk.zip archive -precompiled libraries- with current version)