xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Limewire Ported To Xbox?  (Read 114 times)

bobefresh

• Archived User
Limewire Ported To Xbox?
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

Has limewire or any other P2P client ever been ported to the xbox.... because that would be really cool i f you could just download stuff straight to you xbox

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
Limewire Ported To Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

Just a little warning that usually ALWAYS, p2p and gnutella networking discussion will lead somewhere along the way to piracy and illegal stuff so I guess this topic will get closed sooner or later but no... as of right now there is no public release of a limewire or other p2p xbe for the Xbox.

If you have the retail XDK then you can legally make an Xbox program yourself so if you wanted you can make that limewire port or some other thing such as that.

But here's a suggestion thats worth it.... You can find Windows CE.NET for the Xbox on Xbins and then you will most likely have to install usb ports onto your xbox to plugin the mouse and keyboard to sucessfully make it work... then get limewire or whichever program and then do what you want with it! (no piracy though, thank you)

JBmtk

• Archived User
Limewire Ported To Xbox?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(DrPepperFan15 @ Jan 25 2007, 02:27 PM) View Post

Just a little warning that usually ALWAYS, p2p and gnutella networking discussion will lead somewhere along the way to piracy and illegal stuff so I guess this topic will get closed sooner or later but no... as of right now there is no public release of a limewire or other p2p xbe for the Xbox.

If you have the retail XDK then you can legally make an Xbox program yourself so if you wanted you can make that limewire port or some other thing such as that.

But here's a suggestion thats worth it.... You can find Windows CE.NET for the Xbox on Xbins and then you will most likely have to install usb ports onto your xbox to plugin the mouse and keyboard to sucessfully make it work... then get limewire or whichever program and then do what you want with it! (no piracy though, thank you)

I don't know what ur talking about its not out for the xbox.....run xdsl or even gentoox linux distro on your xbox and it comes with the potential to download. You get install in a second. Matter of fact, I took a screen shot of me downloading via bittorrent. I know that you can get limewire installed. But yea, this will probaly lead to piracy, so use at ur own risk.
IPB Image

Xombe

• Archived User
Limewire Ported To Xbox?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »

Seeing as how one suspension is already out the door for software piracy, this thread is closed.

Please refer to all the other (closed) P2P on Xbox threads we have.