• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

openxdkman = xbox martyr smile.gif

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »

Do I patch this over CVS version of openXDK or openXDK 0.07?

---

I'm mostly interested in Networking functions of Pbkit. Is there any development going?  love.gif

--

CVS denies anonymous user access. Can anyone please upload PreCompiled Latest version of OpenXDK/pbkit here? Thanks.

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up.

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

+ Prev

This is the XBE (pong / ping demo)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z496kl Does this work fine for you?

Please let me know if there's anything wrong with above file. [coz, it doesn't run perfectly on my XBOX]

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »

This pong sample created by Today's fresh cygwin install + Pre-compiled binaries from first post of this thread

Flickers a LOT MORE [everything unreadble; ]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e68dvq

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »

Please disregard the 2 Above post But not the third one [regarding newest version].

---

I have figured out the problem; The pbkit demo sample seems to output 480p video hence the jumping and flickering.

Is there anyway to make it output 480i?  sad.gif

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Feb 19 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post

Just pbkit samples? Theoretically any program you do (even a basic hello world) will output bad signal for you...

It's inside openxdk source, a function tries to auto-detect your configuration, and fails it seems, in your case.

On the other hand, it won't kill you to adopt a components to vga box...
(better graphics, for games too, and any cheap box does the job well)

Try to switch your console to NTSC, also, if you aren't already in that mode.

Exactly, Every sample. sad.gif

I have a NTSC  (USA [J or M?]). The signal is 720x480i. I use a Component cable.

Sorry but I can't invest for a VGA box  sad.gif  Is there alternative?

This "Patch for OpenXDK", the author claims, it should detect settings from XBOX Dashboard and run accordingly. Has it been commited to SVN?

Any help?  sad.gif

openxdkman

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 03:57:00 AM »

I've added a folder named "Zagon patch for 480i" in openxdk.zip archive (May 2007 precompiled set). You will find a precompiled libhal.a and patched May 2007 source files in there, that will allow to test Zargon patch. (Thanks Zagon).

I can't test it myself, so I count on all to report if it works or if it breaks something else.

Don't test with pbKit first. Test first with some hello world program (recompile it of course). With Zagon patch it should appear correctly. Then recompile a sample with pbKit and try.
Dunno if interlaced mode implies a change in the back buffers structures (possible).
It probably affects also the way pbKit syncs with VBL...
I doubt I will support interlaced mode if it doesn't work (lots of work for not so much)...

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
Pbkit
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Feb 20 2008, 06:33 AM) View Post

I've added a folder named "Zagon patch for 480i" in openxdk.zip archive (May 2007 precompiled set). You will find a precompiled libhal.a and patched May 2007 source files in there, that will allow to test Zargon patch. (Thanks Zagon).

I can't test it myself, so I count on all to report if it works or if it breaks something else.

Don't test with pbKit first. Test first with some hello world program (recompile it of course). With Zagon patch it should appear correctly. Then recompile a sample with pbKit and try.
Dunno if interlaced mode implies a change in the back buffers structures (possible).
It probably affects also the way pbKit syncs with VBL...
I doubt I will support interlaced mode if it doesn't work (lots of work for not so much)...

Thanks to you and Zargon. WORKS GREAT on my TV!  

No more VGA box  rolleyes.gif

---

Will let you know if I have any problems with packet driver.  Can't wait to get started on Cross- Platform project PSP-XBOX  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]