xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: X-C-K: Xbox Capture Kit  (Read 548 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
X-C-K: Xbox Capture Kit
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

X-C-K: Xbox Capture Kit-- Posted by XanTium on January 6 02:02 EST
From readme/nfo:

XCK (Xbox Capture Kit) is the newest and best way to capture your xbox            . You can use this kit to connect to your Xbox on the fly (while playing games) it'll also allow you to take screenshots with gauranteed less lag than other apps.
You can also capture video with as little as NO LAG depending on quality. The perfect pack for people who have debug setup on their xbox if you're using Xbox Image Grabber(info), give this a try :P

Official Site: n/a, by OBIE
Download: n/a (contains XDK files)
News-Source/Full Readme: xbins.org

ILTB

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

Bah what a joke.
Just has files from the XDK in it.
Xbox shell extention (XBSESetup.exe) and Xbox Movie Capture Tool (xbmovie.exe).

Nice dev work there OBIE.
Putting a couple of files into an installer and writing a readme must have been some real tough work.

This post has been edited by ILTB: Jan 6 2006, 09:24 AM

fghjj

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

Here's an idea - do nothing at all and still get credit for releases. It works!

az4u

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

I want to use this tool. what is this step - "* Start xbox neighbourhood from desktop and when asked for the xbox  ip enter the DEBUG IP that you selected when setting up XDI"

XDI ?

emailer33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(fghjj @ Jan 6 2006, 07:18 AM) View Post

Here's an idea - do nothing at all and still get credit for releases. It works!

he means XDK.  He wants you to install M$ XDK since his program wasn't coded to do it on it's own.  Ripoff of M$ tools tongue.gif

[MF]superman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(emailer33 @ Jan 6 2006, 08:58 AM) View Post

since his program wasn't coded to do it on it's own.  Ripoff of M$ tools tongue.gif

It's not his programs, he's just took someone elses and zipped it up with a few others.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

superman' date='Jan 6 2006, 03:39 PM' post='3167949']
It's not his programs, he's just took someone elses and zipped it up with a few others.

This man knows his stuff!
Thought I'd see you around here mate!

Statecowboy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(emailer33 @ Jan 6 2006, 09:58 AM) View Post

he means XDK.  He wants you to install M$ XDK since his program wasn't coded to do it on it's own.  Ripoff of M$ tools tongue.gif

He's talking about XDI...the debug bios installer you use to set up a debug ip.  Not XDK.

lpmattht8

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

I saw this article on xbox-scene and it says that you can capture video, so I was wondering what I need to do to capture the video,I have a softmodded xbox but don't know what a debug xbox is. If anyone can help me out because i've been wanting to make halo movies but i don't want to buy a capture card but with this program I wouldn't need one.

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(lpmattht8 @ Jan 6 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post

I saw this article on xbox-scene and it says that you can capture video, so I was wondering what I need to do to capture the video,I have a softmodded xbox but don't know what a debug xbox is. If anyone can help me out because i've been wanting to make halo movies but i don't want to buy a capture card but with this program I wouldn't need one.

That right there is relatively priceless...I dont know which one is funnier the fact that you dont know what a dev xbox is, or that you want to run dev tools with a softmodded Xbox.

SO allow me to demonstrate what you need to do:
STEP1: get a modchip, preferably a chip with multiple bios banks to run debug bios as well as your hacked bios. (X3 works best because X3 bios has a built in debug feature.)
STEP2: Aquire the XDK..do not ask where, how, why, what, who, when (and NO you cant find it on xbins)
STEP3: Erase your memory of ever thinking you should use a softmod ever again.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(bLiTz 2k @ Jan 6 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

That right there is relatively priceless...I dont know which one is funnier the fact that you dont know what a dev xbox is, or that you want to run dev tools with a softmodded Xbox.

SO allow me to demonstrate what you need to do:
STEP1: get a modchip, preferably a chip with multiple bios banks to run debug bios as well as your hacked bios. (X3 works best because X3 bios has a built in debug feature.)
STEP2: Aquire the XDK..do not ask where, how, why, what, who, when (and NO you cant find it on xbins)
STEP3: Erase your memory of ever thinking you should use a softmod ever again.
Interesting first post, considering that I run a dual-boot softmodded Xbox with a debug BIOS/NKPatcher.

Simply said: people who want to use a softmodded Xbox as a debug/development box need to read a lot... and I mean a LOT! At least one year of experience with different tools should be a requirement and the patience to read. You should also know why you do want to use a debug BIOS. If it is just for movies, don't bother. Use a good TV-card (without hardware encoding (or turn it off), to reduce lag) and a high-quality S-Video cable to get cheap but good results.

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Jan 6 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post

Interesting first post, considering that I run a dual-boot softmodded Xbox with a debug BIOS/NKPatcher.

Simply said: people who want to use a softmodded Xbox as a debug/development box need to read a lot... and I mean a LOT! At least one year of experience with different tools should be a requirement and the patience to read. You should also know why you do want to use a debug BIOS. If it is just for movies, don't bother. Use a good TV-card (without hardware encoding (or turn it off), to reduce lag) and a high-quality S-Video cable to get cheap but good results.

The basic gist of the post is that someone who hardly understands what hes doing (supported by the fact hes using a softmod) probably shouldnt be tinkering with the xdk.

Yes I enjoy to softmod flame

Devil-Man

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(bLiTz 2k @ Jan 6 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

The basic gist of the post is that someone who hardly understands what hes doing (supported by the fact hes using a softmod) probably shouldnt be tinkering with the xdk.

Yes I enjoy to softmod flame

U R 2 1337 4 \/\/3rd$

bone135

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

Or get the advanced hookup pack and send the s-video to the tv and the rca video to the hardware encoder capture card.  No need to worry about lag from the hardware encoding then.

Juniorman030790

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

Yeah, this is pretty lame.  I have had all this shiz for a long time. I thought OOOO ftp into my xbox on the fly!!!  Well, how might i get that to work? You didn't code any new apps OBIE. Thanks for all the warez XDK files I already had.
Pages: [1] 2 3