xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bluetooth On Xbmc  (Read 55 times)

zero_divide_1

• Archived User
Bluetooth On Xbmc
« on: April 27, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

Okay, now I know the "Bluetooth" question has been asked hundreds of times on the forum, but I need to know if this is possible. I want to port the linux bluetooth stack (bluez) to work with XBMC so that I can control my xbox from anywhere within the 30m that bluetooth works on from my phone or pda (I'm also thinking about writing the software for my phone). Would porting it be easy or will the xbox's NT-based kernel stand in my way? Also, is it even possible to access USB directly because I know that XBMC has some problems with accessing USB key drives, so I'm wondering if it would even be possible to access USB normally (XBOX has some funky polling technique that screws up accessing USB drives appearently). Any ideas?

J-Remote

• Archived User
Bluetooth On Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(zero_divide_1 @ Apr 27 2005, 10:08 PM) *

Okay, now I know the "Bluetooth" question has been asked hundreds of times on the forum, but I need to know if this is possible. I want to port the linux bluetooth stack (bluez) to work with XBMC so that I can control my xbox from anywhere within the 30m that bluetooth works on from my phone or pda (I'm also thinking about writing the software for my phone). Would porting it be easy or will the xbox's NT-based kernel stand in my way? Also, is it even possible to access USB directly because I know that XBMC has some problems with accessing USB key drives, so I'm wondering if it would even be possible to access USB normally (XBOX has some funky polling technique that screws up accessing USB drives appearently). Any ideas?

take a look att this, this allowes you to use your mobile as a XBMC remote.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

http://web.comhem.se/~u73504508/index.html

torne

• Archived User
Bluetooth On Xbmc
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(zero_divide_1 @ Apr 27 2005, 09:08 PM) *

Would porting it be easy or will the xbox's NT-based kernel stand in my way?

It'll be really hard. The Linux bluetooth stack ties into many other Linux kernel services.

Also, is it even possible to access USB directly because I know that XBMC has some problems with accessing USB key drives, so I'm wondering if it would even be possible to access USB normally (XBOX has some funky polling technique that screws up accessing USB drives appearently). Any ideas?

It's not possible to access USB directly while any other software is doing so. This means you have to remove all XDK calls that initialise access to memory cards, controllers, the remote, etc, and reimplement drivers for all the devices you want to work yourself. The Xbox kernel's USB stack can't coexist with your own USB implementation.