xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: OpenDash  (Read 1086 times)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(d0wnlab @ Feb 16 2005, 12:41 AM)
QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Feb 15 2005, 11:12 PM)
This afternoon I've downloaded all the OpenXDK bits, Cygwin, etc., built the OpenXDK libraries, and some of the OpenXDK sample XBEs (none of which actually work yet  uhh.gif  ).  I'm looking into why now.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

I will also gladly help test anyone's dash.  Just PM me if you'd like... my xbox is V1.0 K3944.  It's been the subject of 3 other testings already biggrin.gif

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

I would love to test as well! Send me anything to test!

PM Me or AIM : "jimmygoon" no quotes

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(TMaul @ Feb 16 2005, 10:50 PM)
d0wnlab: Thanks again for the makefile hint. It seems to have fixed my linking problem so I can actually start to debug whats going on with the cromwell usb stuff.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »

okay so that was some wishful thinking.. anyways I'm going to sleep.

it's crashing on me somewhere in the startup routines.  Where depends on what xbox I use unfortunately.  My 1.4 crashes before my friend's 1.0 (iirc might be wrong on this version).

anyways here it is.  it compiles as a lib, which you need to copy to the lib directory of the openxdk
and you also should copy the entire include directory to /usr/local/openxdk/include/usb2 (I called it that just to differentiate between it all).. oh, and right now you will have to edit boot.h AFTER compiling and installing the library, just a little hack I was using just comment out the line "extern void XSleep(u32 ticks)".  Its required right now for the library to compile, but will conflict with the openxdk when compiling an app.

anyways the test app should link and compile properly, and spit out some debugging info.,  I'll look into it more tomorrow..

cromwell usb layer: http://th0mas.sixbit.org/cromwell.tgz
test-usb.tgz : http://th0mas.sixbit.org/test-usb.tgz

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »

I'm starting work on the linux FTP and telnet stuff.. What i'm going to do strip down ltools remove all the UDE UXE etc scripts add a choice of DHCP and static chocies at boot.. Unfortually this is acts as a live cd so these options can't be saved and will require a choice everytime it's ran.

http://project2k.net...ash/initrdview/
this is the mounted initrd which shows all the scripts i'll be doing all the editing to this folder and you can get the initrd from http://project2k.net/opendash/

I need to add G support should be rolled out this week..

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2005, 03:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Keo-Keo @ Feb 17 2005, 10:36 AM)
I'm starting work on the linux FTP and telnet stuff.. What i'm going to do strip down ltools remove all the UDE UXE etc scripts add a choice of DHCP and static chocies at boot.. Unfortually this is acts as a live cd so these options can't be saved and will require a choice everytime it's ran.

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Feb 17 2005, 10:55 AM)
Sounds very welcome – We mustn't forget about this OpenDash vital component smile.gif

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(TMaul @ Feb 17 2005, 10:57 AM)
As I have only just woken up I have not yet had chance to build your port of the code, and probably won't until tonight. I have a 1.2/1.3 xbox and with my port of the code I get a failure in hdc-pci.c at this point

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(d0wnlab @ Feb 16 2005, 12:41 AM)
oh yeah, I forgot to mention.. that MSVC version of openXDK might be the key to all of this because I think input might have worked back then?  Maybe we could look at that?

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(TMaul @ Feb 17 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Feb 17 2005, 09:46 PM)
A couple of thoughts regarding the usb/joystick problems and the toolset shift from MSVC to gcc....

DaddyJ

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad)
Admittedly still based on the assumption that the sdlJoystick.xbe OpenXDK sample once worked  unsure.gif , I still believe this theory still has some distance, but I’m now wondering if instead of a soft-mod, the required environment was in fact created by a specific mod-chip BIOS.  Anyone got any ideas what BIOSes were in fashion around the time sdlJoystick was released?

Wasnt it around m6 or m7?

Just a thought, I was talking to a few of my buddies about your post, and they seem to think that you can get better results with having all 4 ports plugged in??? dont ask , long story.... Also on a whim, do you have access to a dvd dongle, have that plugged into port 3, may also increase your chances....

I know it seems weird, and they could be just yanking my chain, but have never served me wrong in the past.

Post back with any results you may find,

fghjj

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

I think edwardeaux (openxdk god) used EvolutionX M7 bios. But the whole openxdk/bios issue was that debug based (hacked) bioses initialized the video framebuffer at a slightly other address then retail based bioses. And writing directly to a random address sometimes causes corruption smile.gif So, I think the input problem isnt bios related, but more like a small hardware difference. But we need to debug to see if that's true. I'm also unsure what EvoX does to the xbe and what other dashes don't smile.gif I heard the program attaches the so-called debug TSR to the xbe by patching it before lauching it, but I certainly don't know the details of that process (beyond my knowledge currently).

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(fghjj @ Feb 19 2005, 10:41 PM)
I'm also unsure what EvoX does to the xbe and what other dashes don't smile.gif I heard the program attaches the so-called debug TSR to the xbe by patching it before lauching it, but I certainly don't know the details of that process (beyond my knowledge currently).

RiceCake

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

Oh god damn gotta bring in some more of that 'pretty compatible' clunker Linux code stuff smile.gif...

Either way would be nice. I'm pretty sure all those fanboys out there who use Linux would like this.

If it's scripted right I oughta look into a Linux-install subsystem, or maybe even a simple TSOP flasher...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9