xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: OpenDash  (Read 1084 times)

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

I don't know CVS, but in an attempt to try and find a solution to the input issue, I tried downloading the latest CVS build from sf.
 I found, when using their CVS browser, the USB code from the MS version.

I'm a java dev, so I'm not much for lower level stuff, but might that help us get a little closer to having controllers?

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

sad.gif

still no worky, but at least we know the official openXDK was doing precisely what we're doing now.  That, and if they only have nine files building we're ahead of them (since we have the whole lib building).

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(TMaul @ Mar 10 2005, 09:45 PM)
Just got a build of padtest.xbe thats linked against my port of the cromwell usb code run on a 1.0 as 1.0 boxes seem to have no problems with the existing code.

Carcharius

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

TMaul forgot to mention that it was my 1.0 box which ran the code he is talking about.

On another note - the video problems (no frambuffer or failing to launch when launching from anything other than evox) are fixed.

I'm just in the process of coding up a new video library for openxdk.

Carcharius

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2005, 02:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Mar 9 2005, 03:08 PM)
Built like a charm using dus's instructions under Ret Hat 9 on VMWare 4.5.  biggrin.gif

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Any chance of getting the USB code posted?  Maybe a howto or two (unless you've simply updated the current files with the cromwell code?)

I have a 1.0 box, and since I'm kinda stuck until I have controllers, I'd like to get ahold of it.

I am, unfortunately, a Java dev, so working with C is confusing enough.  But through the use of a bunch of tutorials online, I have Pong, free and legal (except controllers).  For a starter project a lot more went into this than I imagined, but I digress.

If you need a location to post, pm me the file and I'll post it on my website.

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

CODE
ftp -in <open $1
user $2 $3
bin
cd $4
put $5
bye
echo "The current build was FTP'ed to the xbox."

usage is obviously:
CODE
uploader

now all I have to run is make, then go run into the other room to test.

fghjj

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

smile.gif
In EvoX you can also run your fresh .xbe:
CODE

ftp -n 1.2.3.4 <[login upload blah]
quote MKD /E/foo;;;;;evox doesnt seem to like normal ftp mkdir
quote execute E:\foo\bar.xbe
!

btw. I actually haven't done anything else on this then setting up a nice makefile rotfl.gif

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

I've got Pong finished minus the controller input.  I coded in some AI so that you can play one player, and right now I've got the computer playing itself.

Everyone seems to be away for the weekend, because up until friday there were several posts a day.  There's only been one post this weekend however.

Weird.

Anyhow, just wanted to see if anybody's gotten any further with the cromwell stuff.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

sad.gif

once it is done though I will have a 4 player tetris game ala tetrinet-style pretty much done, plus a tron game, plus the XBE-selector (I'm refraining from calling it a dash cuz it's lacking the other significant dash qualities).

One thing too is that Craig Edwards will be back from holidays at the end of this month, and will be able to shed new light if we haven't figured it out yet, although it seems pretty definite that it's a USB xbox version issue.. Maybe someone could also ask the xbox-linux devs about that too since it is their port.

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

I talked to one of the guys from the cromwell dev team.  They seemed reluctant to help, as you can only use the .xbe's if you modify your xbox.  So I doubt we'll see to much help from that direction.

More likely Craig will be the one to help us out.  Who knows.  I suppose I'll start working on my next app while I wait.

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(kennelbound @ Mar 14 2005, 12:41 AM)
They seemed reluctant to help, as you can only use the .xbe's if you modify your xbox. 

kennelbound

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

Well an exploit IS a type of mod, which is illegal in the US (according to the DCMA.)  So in the US having and OS dashboard built with Open or FreeXDKs will be useless, for legal purposes anyhow.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

I don't know how correct that is kennelbound.  For one, linux booting via mods has been available for quite some time and is (afaik) legally distributed.  You can download font exploits and other software exploits to boot linux directly from the sf.net page.  afaik, legally.  the only thing illegal about modchips is that if they come with a modified MS bios.  again, AFAIK, and IANAL, and AFAIK YANAL (just had to say that) and any other 5 letter acronyms I can think of.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9