xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xdk Installation Help  (Read 102 times)

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
Xdk Installation Help
« on: January 04, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

Hey...

I have a vesion 1.6 SOFTmodded xbox running the M8 Bios (06) - 160gig

anyways...

I was wondering what all one would need to acquire to have a debug xbox (debug bios, dash, etc) and the sdk on the pc.

There are different packages in places where I've seen these xbox files and am a little bit confused as to which I need.

The reason I emphasized the point of Softmoddedness was becuase the orig. MS fonts aren't in the reg. directory and I was hoping someone could tell me whether or not that was going to cause problems for me.....

Also...

1) Is there a BFM (bootfrommedia) Debug Bios that is compatible with 1.6 xboxes?
2) Is it possible to install this BFM under PBL as an Application in UnleashX so that I could pull up the debug xbox (dash, BIOS) whenever I wanted from the UnleashX menu?
3) IS THE LACK OF REG FONTS GOING TO CAUSE A PROBLEM??
4) I read about and found the extensions on you know where to extend the dash/bios to where you could get "f" drive support but will this work with a diff. Debug BIOS (again in refrence to #1... if there is one?)

Thanks for your time guys. I hope that once I have this all setup I'll have something to occupy my time w/o internet... moving to a non-highspeed area.

celinedrules

• Archived User
Xdk Installation Help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

The only debug bios I could get to work for me was TATX. I don't have a 1.6 xbox though. What I did is run the bios as an app if you will. That way I could have the regular dashboard (unleashx) and the debug dash.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
Xdk Installation Help
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(celinedrules @ Jan 4 2005, 09:02 PM)
The only debug bios I could get to work for me was TATX. I don't have a 1.6 xbox though. What I did is run the bios as an app if you will. That way I could have the regular dashboard (unleashx) and the debug dash.

celinedrules

• Archived User
Xdk Installation Help
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

Yes