xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xdk Alpha Recovery...  (Read 93 times)

old engineer

• Archived User
Xdk Alpha Recovery...
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (_Cold_Fusion_ @ Aug 2 2004, 10:41 AM)

and also,
abit of topic but does anything know what this file is? it wouldent happen to have anything to do with these would it?

"Applied Microsystems Corp - V1 3 0 Build 553 - Xbox DVD Emulation.exe"
"xbdvdemupanel"

'No' the emulation that you refer to has nothing to do with the Alpha Dev Kits.

...It relates to the App/Harware used for emulating the DVD drive whilst developing, using the Crystal Development Kit, coupled to a P.C via SCSI card/cable/interface.

Scorpion_1169

• Archived User
Xdk Alpha Recovery...
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

I found out some new info about the Alphas that I thought might be useful to share.

Apparently, they do not run XBEs.  They only run XEs and currently there is no way to build an XE.  I was told that even with an Alpha Recovery disc they are still basically unusable since there is no way to write anything for them.

I realize that some of you probably already knew this, but since I didn't find out until today, some other people might not know either.

bucko

• Recovered User
Xdk Alpha Recovery...
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

laugh.gif, i'd love to buy one, the case looks awsome wonder if thats a samsung 1616T drive?

old engineer

• Archived User
Xdk Alpha Recovery...
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (bucko @ Aug 10 2004, 05:40 PM)
it sorta proves the xbox is kinda a pc, well especialy as them pics are showing the early days laugh.gif, i'd love to buy one, the case looks awsome wonder if thats a samsung 1616T drive?

Hmmmm, well it's only 'kinda a pc' if u want it to be 'kinda a pc'.

...All other times its an Xbox Development Kit with hardware and software exclusively specific to the task.

...Oh, and, 'no' the drive is not a Samsung its a Hitachi.

Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2 [3]