xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Any More Thought Been Put Into Vnc  (Read 75 times)

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
Has Any More Thought Been Put Into Vnc
« on: April 26, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has thought about doing a VNC client for the xbox. I know it was talked about a long time ago, but I haven't seen any mention of it lately. It wouldn't be good enough for playing games, but it should be quick enough to surf the web, and check email on.

Both a client and server would be cool. That way you could still work on your xbox, while not having access to your TV.

Regards,
KP

JapanFred

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

I can't see it being done. I mean whats the point? If you want to VNC into your xbox, you'll need a PC in the first place, and if you wanted to check email, or surf the web on your xbox, You would need the internet, and if you have already got it, why not use the PC? Also, VNC is avaliable via Linux.

Nailed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (JapanFred @ Apr 26 2004, 07:58 PM)
I can't see it being done. I mean whats the point? If you want to VNC into your xbox, you'll need a PC in the first place, and if you wanted to check email, or surf the web on your xbox, You would need the internet, and if you have already got it, why not use the PC? Also, VNC is avaliable via Linux.

How about VNC'ing into a dashboard?  IMO, that would be excellent for remote configuration.