xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Headset Tsr  (Read 58 times)

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Headset Tsr
« on: April 11, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

Is it possible to write a TSR to allow the use of the headset in games not made for them?  Voice communication in halo would be so sweet.  If I am an idiot, you can tell me.

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

laugh.gif

And to answer your question, I have NO idea. But, I want the same exact thing. Halo does need headset support.

BTW, just joking about that idiot thing  tongue.gif

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (ViNCe_V @ Apr 13 2004, 06:54 PM)
1) I am pretty sure you are an idiot laugh.gif

Ya, my mama always used to tell me that too.  So I kicked her ass.

billenglish

• Archived User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

I don't think it is possible, because I think you would need the source code.  Which reminds me, I have a few questions:

1.  Are entire games made in a development environment such as Visual Studio, or do they have applications designed for building games?

2.  Is it possible to build any 3D games like Halo in Visual Basic .NET (Not for Xbox)?

billenglish

• Archived User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

Thanks... do you know of any websites containing tutorials for building VB.NET games?

triggernum5

• Archived User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

We would first need a kernel that can load games through some kind of simple (but not so simple) multitasker.  Not impossible for certain games atleast.  Some games utilize every bit of memory from what I understand.  Tons of ppl want this for various reasons (iso streaming, net hacks, voice obviously)  I think it will eventually happen since so many ppl want it.  But its 9 or 10 MAJOR breakthroughs away.

triggernum5

• Archived User
Headset Tsr
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »

i think its the cpu that doesnt support multitasking not the limited amount of memory
Actually the big secret is:  "Computers are stupid!"  
They will do whatever their kernel tells them to do (even if its fatal)  Granted some cpus are Designed with multitasking in mind, (Like the PIII, Xbox cpu is only minorly modded)  I atcually had an XT w/640KB of RAM running windows and multitasking (Well solitaire/tripeaks) and that was with its reqular kernel.  The clincher is gonna be how much of the cpus resources are left over while games are running.   the IP (instruction pointer) would have to be taken away from the game in order to drive other services, and there might not be enough free mem in the standard 64MB to load many services beside games.  But like I said. We would need a 'new' kernel.  No way to hack M$'s to do this, so whoever pulls this off will definately take over as the omnipotent ones around here.