xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Prevention  (Read 99 times)

psycoguy1080

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« on: November 12, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

It's been suggested a million times.  I have no idea why this couldn't be done.

psycoguy1080

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

then why doesnt somebody do something about it, it couldnt be that hard, you only need code to block 1 port(i think) and u can probably patch it in like the LB48 patch

buckwilliamsca

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

this would be a great idea...

EvilWays

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »

Already possible...it's called a router, and I believe you have to block multiple ports.

buckwilliamsca

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 07:45:00 AM »

i dont think you understand, we would still want to play xblive with the original MS bios, just have the ports blocked when ever a xecutor bios is running... If you use a router, its a pain to always switch back and forth...

lmeister

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

*posted elsewhere but no response, sorry if you already read this..

My idea to solve this would be a hardware mod. I will explain this best i can as im no electronic engineer someone may be able to say if possible or what chip would be used.

In an RJ45 cable i'm sure one wire is used for link status. If this is disconected then no link is present and communication will not occur.

If this is fact then we could mod the RJ45 socket on the xbox motherboard removing the outer sheilding and disconnecting the link pin.

A wire could then be soldered to the RJ45 socket link pin that we disconnected aswell as a wire to the underside of the motherboard to the RJ45 link pin.

What we have done now is seperated the link connection with two wires. When these wires are disconnected the network socket will not work because it cannot establish a link. However when we connect these wires the network socket works as normal because the link is detected.

Now to move this further a chip (pic maybe??) could be used that acts as an electronic relay. When it senses a connection between two of its points it joins the two wires i talked about earlier turning on the network.

This could be worked into a pic chip that connected to the power and edject buttons or even better one of the controler ports to dectect a button press. Or a simple dirty switch  

Taking this idea further would be modchips designed with this feature on that way the bios could detect a keypress on startup to turn on the network etc. Possibilibly accessbile from the dash aswell.

Well thats my idea feel free to flame, im no electronic engineer so tried to describe that as best i could there are a few potential ideas in there. Someone with the brains and pic knowledge should be able to pull off a much needed mod....ideas welcome  

Cerebus-X

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

tongue.gif  laugh.gif

assmonkey

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »

Yeah, or you could maybe remove the RJ45 cable from your ethernet adapter on the XBOX when you use your modchip, lol

what if you forget to?

smo

• Archived User
Xbox Live Prevention
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »

This has been discussed here.