xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox Debug Kit With 4039 For Sale  (Read 232 times)

rzyzzy

• Archived User
Xbox Debug Kit With 4039 For Sale
« on: September 10, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »

Why would you close This thread?
IIt's obvious( to me, at least) that someone wanted the green case, and stuffed the leftovers in a retail case -which is not a scam, the cases can go for upwards of $200 by themselves.  you can't say it's because the stickers are peeled, because no one batted an eye when army of one tried to sell one with peeled stickers.Here ( In fact, if you'll look at reply #3, it, "can I buy just the case?" - which has happened almost every time someone has posted an xdk.  You can't say it's because it's missing parts, because the above referenced xbox is missing parts as well.  And it wouldn't be right ( as has been inferred) to pull it because the seller is a noob, because the poster has been a member here for a *longer* period of time than the above referenced poster.

Give the guy a break - I can't see the motherboard well enough to tell for sure if it has 128 megs of ram on it, but I'd bet it does, and really - If *I* was going to put fake stickers on something, I'd put new ones on, not ones that have been peeled.  

BTW, I don't know the sellers in *either* post,and for the record,  I don't think it's proper for anyone to sell xdk's on this board, simply because it's liable to attract the wrong kind of attention from M$.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

it has 128 megs of ram... - looks like someone owes you an apology...

wink.gif

The board *is* older than the case ( it has a v1.0 daughterboard in the front, which would make it at least 6 months older than the case - but it looks genuine to me...

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 11:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (rzyzzy @ Sep 11 2003, 04:36 AM)
it has 128 megs of ram... - looks like someone owes you an apology...

wink.gif

wink.gif i dont see no 128mb ram

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

Maybe you shouldn't call him a scammer if you don't know how to tell. - it's dead center on the pic btw... An experienced modder would know that...

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »

huh.gif is a Retail Xbox with TSOP flashed and XDK soft on it. not an original XDK Console , XDK's are green and clear , not black, it even has header pins , another sign of a TSOP was made.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

huh.gif is a Retail Xbox with TSOP flashed and XDK soft on it. not an original XDK Console , XDK's are green and clear , not black

sorry, dude, you don't know what you're talking about - if you read my previous post, you'ld see that I said the case had been changed, it could be pink for all I care, it's an xdk motherboard, not a tsop'ed stock board.

and you can't tsop an xbox with header pins.  The tsop is deactivated when you put an lpc mod chip on.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Sep 11 2003, 03:47 AM)
huh.gif is a Retail Xbox with TSOP flashed and XDK soft on it. not an original XDK Console , XDK's are green and clear , not black, it even has header pins , another sign of a TSOP was made.

And 128 megs of ram too?

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (vmehta211 @ Sep 11 2003, 03:53 AM)
thank you!   I added a new clearer pic.

That should remove all doubt.  But you still wont rake in as much cash as if you had the green case.  Sad, but true.

ArmyofONE

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 12:09:00 AM »

well they all have the right to do what they did to u to many scamers on these forums to let something like that slide, your bad for not supplying enough info untill they jumped your case but all is good now good luck.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »

That should remove all doubt. But you still wont rake in as much cash as if you had the green case. Sad, but true.

I agree - I think the biggest thing pushing up the price on xdk's is the green case, however, *someone* got a green case, and if you really want an xdk to use, instead of a "trophy", it would be fine.

Anyway, my point in making the thread was to point out that killing vmehta211's thread was unfair - there's no evidence he was trying to scam anyone, none of his posts indicated he was ( If he wanted to rip someone off he'd have posted a pic of a debug kit in a green case - how hard is it to steal a pic?) .

well they all have the right to do what they did to u to many scamers on these forums to let something like that slide, your bad for not supplying enough info untill they jumped your case

I'd have to disagree here, obviously at least one of the people flaming away didn't have enough knowledge to spot a debug kit if it hit him over the head *six times* , and hasn't yet apologized.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (vmehta211 @ Sep 11 2003, 04:53 AM)
thank you!   I added a new clearer pic.

blink.gif  now i can see the board ,is an XDK Console , But the question is wtf is it doing on a retail case

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2003, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Sep 11 2003, 04:13 AM)
QUOTE (vmehta211 @ Sep 11 2003, 04:53 AM)
thank you!   I added a new clearer pic.

blink.gif  now i can see the board ,is an XDK Console , But the question is wtf is it doing on a retail case

http://forums.xbox-s...8&t=101268&st=0

if is the Clear one , ill give you $50 for the case

I'm guessing something just like that.  Someone bought the green case, just like YOU wanted to buy a clear case.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2003, 12:31:00 AM »

wink.gif

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2003, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (rzyzzy @ Sep 11 2003, 05:31 AM)
Look at this...

evidently more than one person has swapped cases on a debug box...

follow the thread out and look at the pics, it has a pinheader too, whaddya know wink.gif

wink.gif mines a green Xbox debug and it doesnt have Header Pins , must be diferent models.
Pages: [1] 2