xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3 External Switch Red  (Read 68 times)

newatthis5

• Archived User
X3 External Switch Red
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

i just installed an X3 with a 1.6 rebuild pcb and when i turned on the xbox the external switch turned red and boots like the chip isn't doing anything. When i hold the eject button for a sec. to turn it on the switch will then turn blue and will boot to the xecuter screen. From this i was able to flash the chip but now when i try to boot the chip by holding the eject button the led on the xbox flashes red and green.

From what i've read it seems like it may be the d0 pt or some other soldering problems.

Any help would be appreciated

Ninelives

• Archived User
X3 External Switch Red
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

The same thing happened to me, the blue led (Chip enabled) would come on when I used the eject button to turn it on. When I used the power button to turn it on the red led (chip disabled comes on). I took out the reset/eject adapter and it worked like normal except you can't disable the mod by pressing the power button longer or booting into backup bios by pressing both buttons at the same time. I asked but no one knew what the problem was.

ModByChris

• Archived User
X3 External Switch Red
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »

Have you tried using the other connection on the power switch PCB -> X3 there are two and could never work out why. Could be that they behave differently.

Ninelives

• Archived User
X3 External Switch Red
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

I tried them both, worked the same on either one.