xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xdk Questions  (Read 106 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frag Daddy @ Jul 30 2003, 08:40 PM)
Let's just say that I do install the Phoenix BIOS Loader and all the XDK software, etc...  How do you load the debug bios "on demand" is it through a memory card or what?

Look, no offense, but why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp, if you are a programmer?

Do you know what a BIOS is? How it works? Do you understand "Shadow RAM"? Have you gone to the Xbox-Linux site and read up on the boot process? If the answer is "No" to any of these, please seek out the excellent resources out there to find out these things. You have to understand some of this to write serious programs on the Xbox.

The Phoenix BIOS Loader takes a BIOS from a file on your Xbox's hard drive, and loads into "Shadow RAM" - a proteected region of your Xbox's system memory where the BIOS is loaded at bootup, thus REPLACING the image already in place with a NEW one. If you booted with an Evo-X D.6 BIOS, and then ran Phoenix BIOS Loader to "Load" a Debug BIOS, the DEBUG BIOS would be active until you POWER CYCLED.

:::sigh:::

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

Once I get the loader installed, where do I run it from (a dash, memory card)?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frag Daddy @ Jul 30 2003, 08:55 PM)
Once I get the loader installed, where do I run it from (a dash, memory card)?

AGAIN

QUOTE (Frag Daddy @ Jul 30 2003, 08:40 PM)
Let's just say that I do install the Phoenix BIOS Loader and all the XDK software, etc...  How do you load the debug bios "on demand" is it through a memory card or what?

Look, no offense, but why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp, if you are a programmer?

Do you know what a BIOS is? How it works? Do you understand "Shadow RAM"? Have you gone to the Xbox-Linux site and read up on the boot process? If the answer is "No" to any of these, please seek out the excellent resources out there to find out these things. You have to understand some of this to write serious programs on the Xbox.

The Phoenix BIOS Loader takes a BIOS from a file on your Xbox's hard drive, and loads into "Shadow RAM" - a proteected region of your Xbox's system memory where the BIOS is loaded at bootup, thus REPLACING the image already in place with a NEW one. If you booted with an Evo-X D.6 BIOS, and then ran Phoenix BIOS Loader to "Load" a Debug BIOS, the DEBUG BIOS would be active until you POWER CYCLED.

:::sigh:::

Wishi

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 03:31:00 AM »

Should we place bets on how many times BJ has to post the same thing before he either understands or goes to read up on it?

EvilWays

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »

Everything is already on the Xbox (the loader and the Debug BIOS). You launch the program and the program loads the BIOS into Shadow RAM. The BIOS is put into the same directory as the program itself (e.g., /F/Apps/Phoenix BIOS Loader) as xboxrom.bin. A wise man once said "Read the f'n notes"...in this case, the info was in an .nfo file.

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »

laugh.gif

yelin1

• Archived User
Xdk Questions
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

How do you run the Phoenix Bios Loader in the first place.
I can't get it to run on a Xbox Dev Kit console, it won't run the XBE
Pages: 1 [2]