xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox Live Protocol  (Read 211 times)

Wishi

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

Well basically Bo-XLink is as close as you'll get to an integrated GUI. I don't see any hacking of Live or much connecting to it coming soon and I don't particularly want to.

There are other solutions, so if you're not willing to buy another subscription or whatever, then you have to accept the other ways I guess.

Mike117

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »

Yeah, I barely play live, more interested in hacking it. I have an idea, some dedicated person could run a free live server. It would be exactly like live and have the exact same content, just be FREE!!! That would be the best. Sure, a lot of n00bs wouldn't be able to get to it, but if everyone just spreads the word, maybe they could.  ;) This would really be great. You said Wishi that you don't particularly want to do it, but maybe if you tell some of your developer buddies, they could really become interested and may want to do this.  

Mike117

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

OOPS, when i said hacking it, i meant hacking and messing around with the xbox.

flat235

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 06:32:00 AM »

"Hacking" the Live! service is nearly impossible because it is based on IPSEC .. Also, it uses what appears to be a very sophisticated challenge -> authenticate security system ..

Just faking a sucessful login would be almost impossible..

Cheers

TheDaddy

Wishi

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

Either pay for Live or use XLink/XBConnect. Live hacking ain't/shouldn't happen anytime soon.

matt_d82

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

Oh, I do currently have a Live subscription... but cannot use it anymore as my modchip does not have a switch, and the only HDD I had available to put in my xbox is not lockable. Hence I can no longer go on Live. I do plan on putting a switch in, but there's not much motivation to get my ass in gear and do it since the HDD is still limiting me from playing online. I suppose I can put the original HDD back in there if I really want to get back on Live... but then that limits me from the other things I could do with my xbox.

Mike117

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »

That would really be cool though... it would be like a mirror of live, but free! everyone would want to try it and would love it. I'm not exactly a programmer, but close and i have a good knowledge of computers so i can't really make the program and i can't imagine how much work would likely go into it, so yeah... Some say pointless, I say that i would be really nice. You could have custom maps on free live. You could do so much! Oh well... whatever. I just think it would be cool.

CyberPunk

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

I would rather see an XBOX app connect to Xlink or XBconnect so I don't have to use my computer to log in and play.

I personally don't think live is that great and I don't think people want Xbox hacking, game cracking, cheat finding assholes on there anyway.

So many online/multiplayer PC games get ruined from cheating.

Wishi

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »

Well, BoXLink is an app coming out soon which, while it still requires a PC to run the application in the background for routing traffic etc. can be controlled completely from Xbox so you can view/create rooms, enter games all from the Xbox.

There's currently alpha builds out (check out #xbox-link) but obviously there's still a lot to be done, which is why they're not called final ;)

CyberPunk

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »

Kick ass  :lol:

hmhmhmhm
HMHMHMHM
MUHAHAHA

oh

matt_d82

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

I agree, online games get ruined by cheaters. I don't even see why a person would bother cheating as it makes the game no fun with no challenge. But anyways, that doesn't have much relevance to coming up with a free Live service. If ppl are cheating on free Live they could probably also cheat over system link. And actually, if the live service _is_ disected, we may find that the live server is able to verify the game executable (and other files) and make sure it is the original game... then you could ensure there is no cheating.

But now that I see what is already available, it doesn't make too much sense to go through all the trouble of examining the Live traffic, etc, just so you can play online multiplayer games. Although I still think it would be interesting to see it happen. And as it was already said, a Live service would have more features/functionality than just system link. I do think it would be very difficult though.

I am a programmer and have a little experience in reverse engineering, so if anyone is interested, I am willing to help. Although once school starts again in september, I'm going to be 110% busy with that... but will still be able to help occationally.

deecee

• Archived User
Xbox Live Protocol
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2003, 11:14:00 PM »

my question is wouldnt whomever running the main server have to get the actual program that runs on the xbox live servers?

does anyone know how it works no guesses but how it REALLY works ?

if that is the case the leaked program and editing the xbox live to connect to another ip
would be all you need.......right?    :evil:  
Pages: 1 [2]