xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Screenshots Or Video Capture  (Read 279 times)

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
Screenshots Or Video Capture
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

Well, I am getting a bit closer now but still not quite there... without the ini file I was only able to take screenshots from the MS Dashboard. I created the ini file per undead's instructions and then I was able to take screenshots in a game run from the DVD. That is a good start for sure... But I was hoping to take screenshots of things I am running off of the drive as well, like XBMP... When I change the xboxdash.xbe to evox instead of the MS dash, evox loads but i dont seem to have any ip address? not the one from evox config nor the one from the debug stuff. Also from evox with the TATX bios loaded, If I try to launch any of the apps or games or even if I just try to launch the MS Dashboard it just hangs... The only way I can get it to work right is to boot up to the msdash from bootup...

leigao84

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »

Why not just get a tv-capture card to your pc to record movies or screen shots? You can even try the HD ($300, yuk) version that get you really high res graphics.

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2003, 09:07:00 PM »

roger that... thx...

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

CyberLaui

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 09:18:00 AM »

can somebody plz send the 3 things that i need to my e-mail(software and bios etc), i wanna capture screens.

mail:  [email protected]

undead

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

dry.gif

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

I've gotta go with undead on that one... Some people don't see the harm in asking... Here is part of what I said in another thread about the issue...

"asking for things because you dont see the harm does not change the fact that it may cause harm and some people on here will feel sorry and may respond by sending you files... next thing you know boom the forum is gone? over something that seemed harmless"

Just my $.02,
SDG

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »

DCV80
i love mine

Fardo123

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

Is there a way to do this with the evox yet?

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »

I know this is an old post but...
The new DOAXV nude patch lets you take screen shots, and the new ability of the lates EVOX dash to load  a default.xbe from the harddrive and then continue to mount the game from the dvd drive. I was wondering if its possible to make a custom screenshot.xbe that is on your harddrive and loads the the game in the dvd drive. That way giving the game the same screenshot ablility as DOAXV. I have the idea but dont know how to create such a thing. Does that sound as if it would work? Can anyone give it a shot?

psibob84

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

Yay thank you undead
i followed what you said (although i changed the xbox ip to 192.168.5.2 cause its on my pc's second nic)
and it works great.
also once you have your xbox set as the default in xbox neighborhood you can also use the video capture tool to take video clips.

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

wink.gif ?

sHiZo

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (DMagic1 @ Apr 12 2003, 09:35 AM)
I know this is an old post but...
The new DOAXV nude patch lets you take screen shots, and the new ability of the lates EVOX dash to load  a default.xbe from the harddrive and then continue to mount the game from the dvd drive. I was wondering if its possible to make a custom screenshot.xbe that is on your harddrive and loads the the game in the dvd drive. That way giving the game the same screenshot ablility as DOAXV. I have the idea but dont know how to create such a thing. Does that sound as if it would work? Can anyone give it a shot?

This seems to be an great Idea. Wondering why no one replyed on this post! A Xbe that is able to take screenshots and to load another  xbe! Shouldn't be that hard to code.  ohmy.gif

Grimfull

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

razorrifh

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  also, the doaxvb game could take screen shots because it was patched to do so. i would have to assume that the code was already there, and when they were hacking the code, they just unblocked it, and remapped the keys (or the devers just had a 'debug' global var that changed the button mappings and supported screen shots) those are my theories anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3