xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Have A Dream…  (Read 72 times)

oRIDDLERo

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« on: March 16, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

To be able to send the video output of my PC (DVI or VGA)  (I.E. PC video games, windows desktop) over LAN to another PC or Xbox for display on a television (or 42” WEGA HD monitor in my case)  the only current solution to get the High resolution DVI output from your PC  travel more then 6’ are VERY costly fiber DVI extensions that I am just not willing to purchase ($400) http://www.gefen.com...sp?prod_id=1207 This software solution would extend the limits of DVI/VGA over LAN to those of CAT 5, while at the same time boosting the Xbox into a true multimedia CENTER of any PC/multimedia setup.

There just MUST be a way to get the display of my pc to travel over LAN to another PC (This would make a kick ass application for Xbox) for display on a remote monitor.

Anyone…

chilin_dude

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

please don't post the same topic in two different sections...
*yells for a mod* it's in the xbmp forum too!

oRIDDLERo

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Mar 16 2003, 02:31 PM)

*yells for a mod*

I just wanted the appropriate people to see it. (XMP developers may hang there more so then here)  

I did not want the post to get lost in the archives before a potential developer had a chance to view it

I am well aware of forum rules.  

Stop being gay.

feflicker

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »

The only reason I don't see this happening is that it would take a lot of development, and their is not a lot of demand for this type of thing...

xMonoxide187x

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

Why would you do this, so you could sit in your desk oddly to see the TV while you play? Most people dont have their PCs next to their TV's, especially if its a 42'' WEGA. Why don't you just buy a Video Card with SVIDEO-OUT and do it that way?

oRIDDLERo

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

LOL... sorry about that

S-video output quality sucks for this application..

With DVI I can output 1080i resolutions directly to the monitor using the dual monitor support of my GF4…  If I could only stream my PC’s video out through LAN… There must be a way using a remote PC or Xbox!

oRIDDLERo

• Archived User
I Have A Dream…
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (xMonoxide187x @ Mar 16 2003, 03:19 PM)
Why would you do this, so you could sit in your desk oddly to see the TV while you play? Most people dont have their PCs next to their TV's, especially if its a 42'' WEGA. Why don't you just buy a Video Card with SVIDEO-OUT and do it that way?

If my PC were directly next to my monitor i would not have a use for this...  (I would just use the DVI out with a 6' cable)

I would not be sitting at my desk, i would USB extensions for the mouse and nostromo.

I just think it would be great because...

a. There is no other solution for this application at this time other then a $400 device or a $600 dollar cable set
b. it really does not sound so difficult in theory.  (I surely may be mistaken)