xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Screenshots Or Video Capture  (Read 278 times)

johnney5

• Archived User
Screenshots Or Video Capture
« on: March 16, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

Evox has a feature that allows "programs" to run in the backround while you play games, the only one i think there is so far is in game reset, although i do remember a while back some developers where talking about making the xbox communicator usable during halo games, as long as both people had the backround software running. Anyway, i wanted to know if it would ever be possible for screenshots to be taken during a game, or even video capture. This would be so much better for people that cant get enough of making halo vids ect. And you could take screenshots for your xbox magazine challenges. Just wondering.

xMonoxide187x

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

EvoX IGR isnt running in the background, they tag the IGR code onto the end of XBE's when theyre run.

fadeaway

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

I think if you have the XDK and your Xbox set up to be a Debug/Dev Xbox, you can take screenshots and record movies...I'm not really sure about this one though but I think I read it somwhere.

t_rex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »

With the debug box you can.

I want to be able to take screenshots without the debug box sad.gif

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 04:02:00 AM »

I just want the debug CD!!! I would love to use the debug to take screen shots and stuff... I have the bios and have used some of the other cool tools like the xbox explorer from the xdk... very cool... but I need the cd to have some of the other functionality, screenshots and stuff... I will find it one day... (I haven't really looked in a week or two to be honest... got busy and haven't had a chance...) Anyway, one day I will find it so I can do the screenshots I want...

old engineer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

...Fadeaway is correct you can run an Xbox and the SDK together to get stills using the Xbox Neighborhood facility, or..........

Screen capture should be possible if you have the Debug BIOS and Debug software on your retail modded Xbox and the SDK on your P.C (Same difference!!).

...Far easier to use the Proper Debug Kit though!....Works a treat.

rotfl.gif
sleeping.gif

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

I though I had to have the debug software to take stills? I have the xdk and the debug bios but when I try to take stills it doesnt work? I was told I needed the debug cd to install on my box then I could do stills? if I can do them without the CD can you PLEASE tell me how???

Thx,
sdg

Marmite

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

You don't want the install CD, it will nuke your box's eeprom, making the whole box unusable (unless you do all this pain in the ass stuff, that takes much too long). Just get the Dashboard and other stuff from usenet.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »

EDIT: I was wrong.

YOU CANNOT GRAB SCREENSHOTS FROM COMMERCIAL APPS!!! is an incorrect statement.

Blah. It was late. :::sheepishly retreats from topic now:::  blink.gif

undead

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

YOU CANNOT GRAB SCREENSHOTS FROM COMMERCIAL APPS!!!

Sorry Ben..  But I'm gonna have to disagree there..

Here is a screenshot taken with TATX Debug from a Commercial app  (DOA Extreme Volleyball wink.gif )

BTW, we are working on a Debug BIOS Tool for Windows that you can use instead of the Explorer integration that does Files transfers, screen grabs, xbe execution, reboot, view XBOX memory etc..  ALL while any app is running.. even commercial apps..  biggrin.gif

user posted image

DevSpook

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »

YOU CANNOT GRAB SCREENSHOTS FROM COMMERCIAL APPS!!!

I've grabbed screenshots from THPS4, so it does work (atleast on some titles). Grabbing video though, that is another issue.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 02:40:00 AM »

OK, my bad.

I had tried it a while back, but it didn't connect.

Must be a config issue or something. sad.gif

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Marmite @ Mar 18 2003, 11:51 PM)
...Just get the Dashboard and other stuff...

Doh... You're teasing me now... what dash, what other stuff? what is it exactly that I need? I'm not asking anyone to give it to me or tell me where to find it... I will look for it... I just don't know what it is that I need to be looking for? If you could drop a few hints on what I need to find I would really appreciate it...

Much Thanks,
sdg

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Excellent!!! Thanks very much... I have asked here and there about this and gotten very very little feedback... Crazy thing is that it looks like I had everything I needed to begin with just didn't have the knowledge/info about what to do... Anyway, I will be all over this tonight... One more time for good measure.... "Thanks!!!"

sdg

SumDumGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »

well, im obviously still doing something wrong? I can take screenshots of the MS Dashboard now and that is all... If I am in anything other than the MS Dashboard my box looses its ip address and I cant do anything on it. no screen caps or anything else?
Pages: [1] 2 3