xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Doax And Doa3 Texture Hacking Progress Made  (Read 234 times)

Mage

• Archived User
Doax And Doa3 Texture Hacking Progress Made
« on: March 06, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »

And this leads me to think one simple thing:  Do we need such a hack for it?
Surely not I'd say, however that is my opinion, so if you guys wish to partake in such things, go for it.

razorrifh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

i think it would be cool to edit textures so when your friends come over and the girls swimsuit says 'razor' on it they're like wtf!? heh. its not nessesary, but neither are trainers. they're just fun, right?  id help but i like my gba for programming smile.gif

Amything

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 02:57:00 AM »

LOL thats a lot of work for some nudity  jester.gif

However.. it would still r0x0r my b0x0r off  beerchug.gif

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

in pre-evox time, this was when modchips wer just released, and most in beta stage (the best one out was enigmah), xbox-hackers.org or some site like that, had an article about hackign the models, they were able to switch skins with people, and even make some of their own (if i remember correctly?)....anyway, i dont remember a lot about it, all i remember was that the EYE textures got fooked up, and they would pop out and look SOO scary....anyway, i guess they prove that it IS possible.... what i really want to do is find a way to replace the invisible master chief skin (in halo when someone picks up invisibility), with a regular color.... also change the regular skins to FLAMING NEON colors so i can spot a camper anywhere! jahaha

loft32

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »

bumpersaurus

telo{+}

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »

bump!

someone needs to fucking get on this, i've been reading though since that thread started those guys are on it, but dont really seem to be getting any help on the checksum

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (telo{+} @ Mar 11 2003, 02:31 AM)
bump!

someone needs to fucking get on this, i've been reading though since that thread started those guys are on it, but dont really seem to be getting any help on the checksum

If only it were that simple. Being that they are basically limited to not trying to use any XDK tools unless direly neccessary, they are doing what they can. Seems as if they are trying to attack the problem from multiple angles. I wish them the best of luck.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Mar 11 2003, 07:55 AM)
Obviously anyone with the ability to do it doesn't have the interest to do it yet... tongue.gif

They're hoping to get the same person that cracked the xbe to disable the checksum for savegames to get in on this project as well.

boris2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnney5 @ Mar 7 2003, 07:00 PM)
in pre-evox time, this was when modchips wer just released, and most in beta stage (the best one out was enigmah), xbox-hackers.org or some site like that, had an article about hackign the models, they were able to switch skins with people, and even make some of their own (if i remember correctly?)....anyway, i dont remember a lot about it, all i remember was that the EYE textures got fooked up, and they would pop out and look SOO scary....anyway, i guess they prove that it IS possible.... what i really want to do is find a way to replace the invisible master chief skin (in halo when someone picks up invisibility), with a regular color.... also change the regular skins to FLAMING NEON colors so i can spot a camper anywhere! jahaha

Obviously DOA3 doesn't use checksums like DOAX, anyone tried swapping similar clothing for the same character in DOAX? It should freeze when the affected costumes are selected.

I dont have DOAX, so I can't help out  sad.gif

Newbie note: That was not a request by me asking for it.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

Yup tho someone got an even wierder (that a word?) result. The group did manage to get ahold of othe the ppl behind the project regarding hacking the DOAX XBE (with a patcher) to allow savegame transfers between modded XBoxes (and users of the hacked XBE), but his modded box seems to not be functioning right now. Also, the group contacted the person that created an in-game screen capturer for DOAX to see if they'd help with this as well...I think it had to do with this person having asm skills or something to that effect.

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnney5 @ Mar 7 2003, 08:00 PM)

not the whole cheapass quake cheats all over again  dry.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »

Those who are too lazy to look (I'm guilty of that sometimes myself), it seems that any costumes added by the Booster Disc for the US version isn't secured with a checksum or hash (but the standard costumes seem to be, if I remember right). And you can seem to add your own costume if you follow the naming sequence...go to xbox-saves.com forum (under Dead Or Alive XBV - Nude models/textures thread in Game Save Requests) for more info.

MacGuyver_3030

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

You know evilways, you avatar is just what my girlfriend looks like when she runs.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2003, 04:41:00 AM »

It kinda reminds me of the "bouncing ball boobs" from DOA1...

t_rex

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »

biggrin.gif I've got a really good undead version of her coming along nicely now smile.gifsmile.gif Pity I can't take in-game screenshots sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2