xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Painting The X3cp  (Read 106 times)

pennywisdom

• Archived User
Painting The X3cp
« on: January 19, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

ok so i was thinking... how hard would it be to paint the control panel?

then i saw this pic: http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/x3cp/x3cp_final_mould.jpg
now i know that this is just the mould because it comes with the switch and lcd...

but does anyone know if it will be easily possible to remove the lcd and switch so that it looks like the mould in that pic? this would make it so much easier to paint to match my current paint job. either way im going to paint it, but this would make for no chance of screw up. :blink:

Xecuter

• Archived User
Painting The X3cp
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »

its the same material as the xbox

jonrees69

• Archived User
Painting The X3cp
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

The panel comes without the XLCD installed - although there may be an option to have it supplied with - I think it's a fairly straight forward fitment - easily removable.

The switch - hard to tell at the moment but if it's anything like the Pro Switch etc then you should be able to take it apart without a degree Xboxology .....

J

pennywisdom

• Archived User
Painting The X3cp
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonrees69 @ Jan 19 2005, 02:03 PM)
The panel comes without the XLCD installed - although there may be an option to have it supplied with - I think it's a fairly straight forward fitment - easily removable.

The switch - hard to tell at the moment but if it's anything like the Pro Switch etc then you should be able to take it apart without a degree Xboxology .....

J

oh is this true? the x3 control panel will not come with the lcd? hmmm that is good to know. i guess it may be worth it to but the x3 and the lcd now as opposed to just waiting. thanks  :lol: