xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Games And Apps Won't Load!  (Read 68 times)

FreakyFreak

• Archived User
Some Games And Apps Won't Load!
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

Hi,

I've installed my Xecuter 2.6CE chip. Everything is well soldered and checked. The bios I have is M8plus_16. My board is a 1.6. Everything works well except for a few games and apps that I have on the hard-drive, all the other games work fine. If I reboot the xbox with the game in the drive the games work. But I want the games to work from my HDD. The games that don't work are:

Colin Mcrae Rally 2005,
BurnOut 3,
Need for Speed Underground 2,
Red Dead Revolver.

Could it be a bios problem? If so which bios should I use? Also another thing the damn clock keeps resetting!! What's the solution for this?

Thanks,
Freaky Freak

ModByChris

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

Which bank of the chip did you put the BIOS on?

The M8+ BIOS only works correctly from bank 2 (the last 512k) of the X2.6.

If you flashed it to the first 512k then you should still have the FlashBIOS on the second 512.

You need to make a 1Mb BIOS image with FlashBIOS on the first 512k and the M8+ on the last 512.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by ModByChris: Jan 19 2005, 02:39 PM

FreakyFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

The Bios is on the 2 bank. I had the 1 bank with Flashbios 303 and bank 2 with M8+ v16. The games didn't work. Also had another problem the clock now and then resetted.

I read a fews posts saying to flash the chip with the M8+ v16 bios on both banks to stop the clock resetting. That was fixed but the games still don't load.

ModByChris

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

I have NFSU2 and I also have a 1.6 I need to chip for someone. I will be using the X2.6 and the m*+ Bios so I'll try tonight and see if I get a similar issue.

FreakyFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

Have you modded the other box Chris? What was the result? Did you have better luck than me on playing NFSU2 from the HDD?