xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Enter X3 Config Live, Even With White Button  (Read 118 times)

ack591

• Archived User
Can't Enter X3 Config Live, Even With White Button
« on: January 19, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »

Hi, I am a beginner. Any help is appreciated.
I have a v1.6 w/ x3ce. I have flashed with x3_1959_v16+. Everything's working fine.
To tell the truth I didn't know there was a config live configuration menu before, not until I entered accidentally( I have no idea how i did it).
Now I want to enter it, i can't. I read the holding the white button while booting can do the thing..no matter how I hold the button(even if I press the button hard). And just doesn't work...any one help me? I believe it's there, but just cannot enter.
Thanks in advance....

mdsupt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

try pushing and holding the white button a few seconds after you see the big X but before you see xecuter rox my box

jonrees69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:48:00 AM »

If the chip works, and you've selected the bank where you flashed the 1959 BIOS - it will go to this automatically unless you have installed a thrid party dashboard such as EvoX ??

Is it booting to the M$ Dashboard instead ?

J

ack591

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

I have tried several time with different method...all before that "xecuter rox my box" shows up..

I am still using the m$ dashboard...haven't install any others...

One thing in my mind...I also flashed bank 1 with Evox bios....would this be the problem of cannot entering config live? I couldn't remember if I installed Evox bios before or after entering config live accidentally......if that's the problem how coud I get rid off that Evox bios?.....
btw, is it okay to have serveral bios in the chip at same time? ...another stupid question is if use certain bios do I need to use its dashboard? for example using Evox bios so do I must use its dashboard?

thank you mdsupt & jonrees69

ack591

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

I think I have understand the chip more....so stupid I was...I guess I screw up 1959  (bank 1234) by flash evox (bank 1)....

hopefully this is the problem  (haven't tried yet)...

for the dashboard question..I still have doubts...

thanks

jonrees69

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

Ok, we need to set a few things straight here, as you obviously (sorry ... ) havn't researched nearly enough on modding the Xbox.

Here goes ..

Firstly, so far as I'm aware, the ONLY BIOS you should be using with an X3 (or X3ce) chip is the X3 BIOS - current version, 1959 or the PLUS which is for 1.6 and 1.6B boxes.  There IS an Evox BIOS but I believe this is normally associated with Xecuter 2.6 chips.

After you said you flashed the chip - you said 'Everything works fine'  - please define ?

YES you can have a few different BIOS stored on the X3 to use - however - there is a total of 2mb for storing these BIOS and these can be split up into different 'banks' like so (bearing in mind the correct bios is EXACTLY 1024kb in size) .....

multiple 256kb banks, 2 x 1mb banks or 1 x 2mb bank.

So you could store 2 BIOS for example of 1024kb in banks 1,2,3,4 and one in 5,6,7,8 (see switch info on team xecuter site)

Last thing - dashboards are software that will run once the chip is functioning properly with it's BIOS.  All the chip does is disable the protection on the Xbox - basically speaking.  It does not store any games, no software(as such), and only has basic settings, utilities and functions that are features of the BIOS.  SO - any dashboards, games, copying utils and such need to be installed after this is in place and copied to the hard drive.

so, now , you need to read some more inormation about it all - it's all here, as that's how I learned then do the following, just to be sure ....

Get the 1959 BIOS.
Put your switches in the on,on,off,off,off position
Re-Flash your X3 with the 1959 BIOS (boot from the backup if you need to but LEAVE the switches)

Lastly, once the BIOS is in place, press and HOLD the white button with the controller in port 1 and boot the Xbox. Contnue holding the button until the BIOS screen appears - not the blue Cromwell one, the 1959 BIOS screen.

In theory, after flashing, it should appear normally and automatically, but don't take any chances !!!

There ... rant over !! ..sorry, but SO many people are asking the SAME questions over and over and seem too lazy or unable to READ !!!  :uhh:

J

ack591

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

Thanks for the long detailed answer   :)
I have figured it out. I have reflashed with 1959 and installed evox dashboard..everything's smooth so far....

flashing evox to bank 2 (it's actually bank 2 not bank 1) caused the problem....I really had to read more.....the problem I didn't tried to do some research is that all the information are scattered, really time consuming....I have looked through the tutorials, but could'nt find what I want...
thanks though...