xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Andregath.com - New Design  (Read 157 times)

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Andregath.com - New Design
« on: January 28, 2003, 11:11:00 PM »

I got a quick question. You're doing this as a college project, right? Are you using an official XBox Dev Kit, or the leaked XDK + a modded XBox? If the latter, does your teacher(s) know?
Good job so far, tho. Good luck.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

This may be pretty cool.  biggrin.gif

Can you possibly post some 3D motion demos, or a video?

I'm interested. I believe this will be the first REAL homebrew xbox game.

aredee

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

lets hope so smile.gif that would be dope to be the OG of the coding world for xbox smile.gif

- rD

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »

I suspect that shopping around a fully developed game isn't a bad way to go... as long as it hasn't been released to the public.

Publishers should appreciate a game that's already done and ready to ship off to M$ for final approval (to be signed and manufactured).

Another route might be to offer it to OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) to put on their monthly demo disc as a full game.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 12:07:00 PM »

hmph,

It is looking really good so far, but i don't see how you guys can expect to get that far if you are all ready argueng (although the post before this could have been someone just trying to cause trouble?) but keep it up, would like to see it released for pc as well if that was pos, so could compare both of the versions

ChIlIn_DuDe

DevSpook

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

Another route might be to offer it to OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) to put on their monthly demo disc as a full game.

Back when the PS1 was hotter than... well, something hot anyway, Sony had FULL control over what got put on the Official Playstation Magazine demo-cds. I know, because they outlined the process when they put my crappy demo-game on the damn disc. Oh the humiliation. Hopefully most of those discs are dead by now. smile.gif

MS will most likely have the same control over the demos discs now, and for them to put anything developed with a leaked XDK is rather unlikely. If you are a licensed developer though, they'll probably be happy to put it on.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (DevSpook @ Jan 29 2003, 05:53 PM)

Back when the PS1 was hotter than... well, something hot anyway, Sony had FULL control over what got put on the Official Playstation Magazine demo-cds. I know, because they outlined the process when they put my crappy demo-game on the damn disc. Oh the humiliation. Hopefully most of those discs are dead by now. smile.gif

MS will most likely have the same control over the demos discs now, and for them to put anything developed with a leaked XDK is rather unlikely. If you are a licensed developer though, they'll probably be happy to put it on.

I agree... but if they bring it to OXM, without releasing it to the public, they might sell M$ on the idea of signing it. OXM might consider getting these guys a legit developer's kit and "contracting" these guys as developers for the magazine content.

Just a thought.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

a mod should edit the above ,,,,,,that's bs. unless you are one of those people, and /or had permission to post their full names

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »

This is NOT the place to pull this kind of childish crap.

You want to drop a dime on your buddies, fine, just don't get this forum involved.

jwdeff

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

They've made that information quite public, http://www.andregath.com/team.php for example. I was just pointing out that calling someone childish for objecting to someone publicly accusing them of illegal activity, while their full names are publicly available from a link in the very same post, perhaps is a bit brash.

I don't know any of them personally, and i hope Andregath works out.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Jan 29 2003, 11:53 PM)
If you get the ok from M$...and they give u the key so it is signed...u can give it to us!!! laugh.gif

I hope not. I don't want it.

I hope that, if it's found, it is not released or used. That would be REALLY dumb and irresponsible.

koryherzinger

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

My name is Kory Herzinger.  I am the project manager for Andregath, and would like to clarify a few things.  First of all, we are under no legally binding contract with MS concerning the XDK.  Whoever leaked the copy of the XDK that we are using is legally responsible for posting the XDK because they've made an agreement not to redistribute it.  We (or anyone else) using the leaked XDK are not doing anything illegal by using the XDK, according to the letter of the law.  Secondly, we are looking into getting sponsored by MS and obtaining our own license to use the XDK, and the prospects are looking good right now. Thirdly, my team members were not arguing, but information previously posted needed to be corrected. Finally, we will continue to post the status of our project and I hope that you all will track our progress here and on the website and will give us feedback if you have any ideas. I would ask that the remainder of this forum will be used to help us with ideas and any input you might have.

Thanks,

Kory Herzinger.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

sad.gif

dankydoo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (koryherzinger @ Jan 30 2003, 06:21 AM)
My name is Kory Herzinger.  I am the project manager for Andregath, and would like to clarify a few things.  First of all, we are under no legally binding contract with MS concerning the XDK.  Whoever leaked the copy of the XDK that we are using is legally responsible for posting the XDK because they've made an agreement not to redistribute it.  We (or anyone else) using the leaked XDK are not doing anything illegal by using the XDK, according to the letter of the law.  Secondly, we are looking into getting sponsored by MS and obtaining our own license to use the XDK, and the prospects are looking good right now. Thirdly, my team members were not arguing, but information previously posted needed to be corrected. Finally, we will continue to post the status of our project and I hope that you all will track our progress here and on the website and will give us feedback if you have any ideas. I would ask that the remainder of this forum will be used to help us with ideas and any input you might have.

Thanks,

Kory Herzinger.

LOL!!!!

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

Why lol?

This guy IS serious, he sent me an email explaining what was going on and i respect him for this, at least back up why you think this is funny???
Pages: [1] 2