xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2.6  (Read 72 times)

calmeat

• Archived User
X2.6
« on: January 18, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

Alright guys heres is my situation,
  I have only modded one box before so i am still a newb, I didnt think it was that hard but now im trying to mod another xbox and the only difference is the soderless adapter which is now blue instead of black,  the problem is i cant get the lights on the chip at all.  Before on the one i did before i just tightened the screw a little and bam it worked.
  On this one however i have already stripped on screw hole and had to get another box.  I just tried again and still nothing is working,

My question is on the chip there is more pin holes then pins on the soderless adapter, Im thinking i may have messed the chip up by not lining the correct holes up (Is that possible?), What is the correct way to put the chip on the solderless adapter?  
So the top pin holes are filled with the solderless adptr pins and it overhaning the adapter at the bottom?  
Or so the bottom holes on the chip are filled with the adapter pins and the top of the chip overhangs the adapter?

Or do i not make sense haha sorry for the long post but its driving me insane........

Hope to get the answer Thanks

Bob

ModByChris

• Archived User
X2.6
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »

The X2.6 chip has a full pin socket the same as the X3.

However as far as I am aware it only *needs* the first 12 of 16pins.
I may be wrong tho. I always use the 16 pin header.

So yes you would have to sit the chip correctly on the first 12 pins (the socket furthest away from the filled in socket (15) on the chip).

Otherwise you might have to get a Xapter, or learn to solder!  ;)

calmeat

• Archived User
X2.6
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

Hey,
  Thanks for the reply i have been trying all kinds of combos and now im thinking its the adapter.  I have read that people are having trouble with the adapter that is blue (not really sure) The one i modded before was a black one and i had only a little trouble but it worked.  I just ordered 2 XAPT3R's so hopefully that wil work ( although ive read some trouble with that one also.  And i would solder but i would f it up, i cant even get the solderless to work.

So i get from your response that it should overhang the chip towards the screw.  so that the bottom of the adapter is aligned with the chips socket.

Thanks again for your response

Bob