xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2.6 Ce Problem  (Read 74 times)

Ranyvern

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« on: January 18, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

i recently installed an xecuter 2.6 in a 1.4-1.5 xbox.  after installation it turned on fine, and everything was great.  i popped in the 4983 (512k) and it said 'erase failed' as an error message on cromwell.

then, i turned the xbox off, and i switched it to bank two and tried turning it on (dont ask why) and it fragged so i tried the bank 1 again, and it also fragged.  ever since, i havent been able to get it to boot.  all my solder points are fine, and ive done about 10 xboxs before.

if you have any suggestions, please help.

also, i was wondering, could it have anything to do with the switch, because i might have pinched the wires, and with the chip off, everything works fine on my box.

thanks for your help

custard

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

might be worth getting the programmer and flashing flashbios back on to the chip.
have you taken the wire out to check,and are you still getting the right lights on the switch unit?

Ranyvern

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

yeah, i can probably try to get the programmer, i just want to make sure it would fix my problem, but i understand sometimes you just dont know. i appreciate your help.  however, if anyone has any other suggestions, please help.

i rechecked all solder points, and there the best ive ever done

thanks again

Ranyvern

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

please guys, any help would be great, thanks

bonevichio

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

Get the external programmer.  Sounds like you had a bad flash.  I would use the M8 bios - flash it to both banks using the xbox bios manager.  Had similar problem - got the external programmer & was able to reflash without a problem.  For $15 you can't go wrong; plus it's really easy to flash chips without having to worry about CD media or flashing over a network.  Takes 10 minutes to flash M8 bios to both banks.  Or you can load M8 to one bank & FlashBios to the other.  Since the xbox booted at first & didn't frag with the preflashed FlashBios on the chip - sounds like your soldering is fine.  Get the external programmer!!

ModByChris

• Archived User
2.6 Ce Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »

You could always do a hotswap.  :)

Put in a good chip (also X2.6) with the cromwell flashbios on it, and then once its booted to the flash screen swap the chip for yours, reflash and your away.

Of course you'll need access to a working chip tho.