xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Everyone Run The Neo Program  (Read 271 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Everyone Run The Neo Program
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »

wut r MOPS

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »

Now I'm getting an average of about half a million

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »

on average i get 6.5million MOPS.

on a 2.4ghz.

spyd4r

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Osiris

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

About 30min for me to get one too. I'm running a pentium 4 2.4ghz

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2003, 11:38:00 PM »

user posted image

AMD 1.4 Ghz 512MB - 30Min for one XBOX Packet!

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2003, 05:04:00 PM »

LOL, sorry xbox community but i am not going to run this program because i am sure that i am not helping much by giving 20 or so keys when most are giving in the thousands.

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »

the slow one are the right one ...
Dunno what's wrong with those guys doing 100's per hour - I hope they will fix it soon , or atleast give more info about the issue.

btw: I want to thank you all for joining our team and reaching already 1.3727years of cpu-time!

For now , don't look at the #packets , it's complete bs.

waz

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2003, 05:52:00 AM »

well it didnt last long huh they spouted legal mumbo jumbo at the start then caved in tut tut.

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »

better close this topic ..

stratjakt

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2003, 08:37:00 AM »

There's more to the xDVD protection scheme than just a signed .xbe.  If you look at the layout tools in the dev kit, you see all the reserved blocks for security and whatnot.  It won't just boot a signed xbe off of a CD-R, AFAIK.

It reminds me of the PSX scheme of using some 'bad blocks' that cant be replicated on consumer equipment.  

You could maybe temporarily mod with an xecuter, copy linux to the HDD, then remove the mod - but you can't replace/change the xbox BIOS in RAM so you'd never be able to boot backups or homebrewed stuff off of disc.  So if you have to mod to copy an xbe to the HDD, why not just flash the TSOP anyways?

Now, what's my point?  Ask yourself who would benefit from the key being released?  Big-time commercial piracy.  You'd need a real press to replicate xDVDs - the kind the big Hong Kong pirates have.  So they can flood the streets with silvers of Halo that run on unmodified consoles.  Believe me, this would be BAD BAD BAD BAD for all of us.  Not only would it likely shorten xbox' life (like it did dreamcast's), but it makes every modder/hacker look like they're in cahoots with organized criminal elements.

A small hacker/modding community can be tolerated.  Large-scale piracy wont be.

Anything the average guy like us could do with the key would mean modding, copying something to HDD, then removing the mod - kinda pointless.

Anyhow, that's just my .02

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (stratjakt @ Jan 7 2003, 11:37 AM)
There's more to the xDVD protection scheme than just a signed .xbe.  If you look at the layout tools in the dev kit, you see all the reserved blocks for security and whatnot.  It won't just boot a signed xbe off of a CD-R, AFAIK.

It reminds me of the PSX scheme of using some 'bad blocks' that cant be replicated on consumer equipment.  

You could maybe temporarily mod with an xecuter, copy linux to the HDD, then remove the mod - but you can't replace/change the xbox BIOS in RAM so you'd never be able to boot backups or homebrewed stuff off of disc.  So if you have to mod to copy an xbe to the HDD, why not just flash the TSOP anyways?

Now, what's my point?  Ask yourself who would benefit from the key being released?  Big-time commercial piracy.  You'd need a real press to replicate xDVDs - the kind the big Hong Kong pirates have.  So they can flood the streets with silvers of Halo that run on unmodified consoles.  Believe me, this would be BAD BAD BAD BAD for all of us.  Not only would it likely shorten xbox' life (like it did dreamcast's), but it makes every modder/hacker look like they're in cahoots with organized criminal elements.

A small hacker/modding community can be tolerated.  Large-scale piracy wont be.

Anything the average guy like us could do with the key would mean modding, copying something to HDD, then removing the mod - kinda pointless.

Anyhow, that's just my .02

Actually, the security "stuff" simply proves to the Xbox that the disc is a specific type of media, and the xbe is SIGNED FOR THAT MEDIA. Changing the media type, so that the program can run from a DVD-R, for example, changes the key.

So getting the private key would certainly enable us to run apps. The apps could be given a media flags value of 0x80ffffff (all media types) then re-signed for a valid key. The software could then be legitimately run from ANY media, HD, DVD-R, CD-RW, memory card, etc... on an unmodified Xbox.

What the 'security stuff' does is prevent HK priates from mass duplicating Xbox games.

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

bump, its back, download not ready tho

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

well i downloaded their newest client, its the one for the RSA 576 only, just to see what they changed, and it now runs a lot faster on those higher end pc's.
Pages: 1 2 [3]