xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)  (Read 449 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2002, 10:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (headstrong @ Dec 17 2002, 01:21 AM)
oK, So How do I go about sharing this file? it's about 500k

I PM'd you on that....  smile.gif

hevnbnd

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »

I am able to get the menu to load off of a dvd, but i am having a problem.  When i select the games it just says please wait and never goes any futher.  Is the MXM_Entry.xml file nesessary to have in every game directory?  Here is my current MXM.xml file. :

<Config>
<Main>
<DiscTitle>Football 2003</DiscTitle>
<DiscSubtitle>Sports</DiscSubtitle>
<Theme>1</Theme>
<TitleDelay>0</TitleDelay>
<SaverDelay>300</SaverDelay>
</Main>
<Item_1>
<Title>Madden 2002</Title>
<Description>EA Sports</Description>
<Media>MXM_SS.png</Media>
<Dir>Madden2002</Dir>
</Item_1>
<Item_2>
<Title>NFL Blitz 2003</Title>
<Description>Sports</Description>
<Dir>NFLBlitz2003</Dir>
</Item_2>
<Item_3>
<Title>MLB Slugfest 2003</Title>
<Dir>MLBSlugfest2003</Dir>
</Item_3>
<Music>
<UseMusic>on</UseMusic>
<Directory>MUSIC</Directory>
<Global>on</Global>
<Random>off</Random>
</Music>
</Config>

It did not work with just this file and not the MXM_Entry.xml  file.  I am trying it now with this MXM_Entry.xml  file in each game directory.  Here is a copy of the MXM_Entry.xml file. :

<Config>
<Item>
</Item>
</Config>

Should it work now? any help would be much appritiated.  Thanks BC

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2002, 06:44:00 AM »

As long as your game is in a subdirectory, it should work fine:

D:\Madden2002\default.xbe

I'm assuming you extracted the games into subdirectories and see the default.xbe fine.

Entries in the MXM.xml file do not get checked for existance, but they do when auto-config'd.

FWIW, I never got slugfest working... on the HD or DVD way back (before I even started on MXM)

Can you navigate to the game directory with Boxplorer and run the game with that application?

hevnbnd

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2002, 12:05:00 PM »

Hello, Ok all the games work except slugfest.  So you have not been able to get it to work.  My pictures do not work.  I named them MXM_SS.png and put one in each directory with the game Here is the code for MXM.xml

<Config>
<Main>
<Theme>1</Theme>
<ExitApp>c:\xboxdash.xbe</ExitApp>
</Main>
<Item_1>
<Dir>Madden2002</Dir>
</Item_1>
<Item_2>
<Dir>NFLBlitz2003</Dir>
</Item_2>
<Item_3>
</Item_3>
<Music>
<UseMusic>on</UseMusic>
<Global>on</Global>
<Random>off</Random>
</Music>
</Config>

I am not sure how to use the exit app command and my music and the images are not working.  I have one song in a directory called MUSIC.  Any more ideas

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2002, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (hevnbnd @ Dec 20 2002, 03:05 PM)
Hello, Ok all the games work except slugfest.  So you have not been able to get it to work.  My pictures do not work.  I named them MXM_SS.png and put one in each directory with the game Here is the code for MXM.xml

<Config>
<Main>
<Theme>1</Theme>
<ExitApp>c:\xboxdash.xbe</ExitApp>
</Main>
<Item_1>
<Dir>Madden2002</Dir>
</Item_1>
<Item_2>
<Dir>NFLBlitz2003</Dir>
</Item_2>
<Item_3>
</Item_3>
<Music>
<UseMusic>on</UseMusic>
<Global>on</Global>
<Random>off</Random>
</Music>
</Config>

I am not sure how to use the exit app command and my music and the images are not working.  I have one song in a directory called MUSIC.  Any more ideas

Well, for PNG images, I use CorelPhotoPaint to create those. I've had no problems with 24-bit RGB and 8-bit images.

You could try converting them to JPG, and see how that works.

As for music, I always make my music 48000khz, 96kbits/sec WMAs, same as M$ does for it's soundtrack feature.

You seem to be using ExitApp just fine. That's just really needed if you have MXM set as your dashboard app, anyway (it was a request), so it's fine to leave off. That's the app that gets executed whenyou press both thumbsticks down in the menu selection screen.

I wonder if ANYBODY got Slugfest working.... I eventually just gave up on it.

hevnbnd

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2002, 01:56:00 PM »

Will the music play mp3s or must they tracks be converted to wma files?  Also if you have auto config turned on does that mean that you dont need to put the items below it in the MXM.xml file and only need to put them in the MXM_Entry.xml file?  Thanks

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2002, 08:14:00 PM »

The music must be in WMA format.

If AllowAutoConfig = YES, you don't need the entries in the MXM.xml, if the programs are in the immediate subdirectories underneath MXM... but you should make MXM_Entry.xml entries in each directory to define the game info.

If you have a MXM_SS.* (png, jpg,wmv,bmp,gif or tga) in the game directory, you don't need to tell MXM what file to load as the screenshot.

hevnbnd

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »

well i got the images to work when i put <Media>Madden2002\MXM_SS.png</Media> in the file instead of <Media>MXM_SS.png</Media>  Not sure why putting the directory made it work but oh well. My music however is not working still i used plus and converted two different mp3s to wma files plus only has an option of 96kbps but it records them at 44000khz instead of 48000khz could this be causing my music problems? any other way to get them to the file type.  any other ways to get an mp3 to wma.  Thanks

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2002, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (hevnbnd @ Dec 21 2002, 12:15 AM)
well i got the images to work when i put <Media>Madden2002\MXM_SS.png</Media> in the file instead of <Media>MXM_SS.png</Media>  Not sure why putting the directory made it work but oh well. My music however is not working still i used plus and converted two different mp3s to wma files plus only has an option of 96kbps but it records them at 44000khz instead of 48000khz could this be causing my music problems? any other way to get them to the file type.  any other ways to get an mp3 to wma.  Thanks

Oh.... the entries are relative to the path of the 'source' config file. If you specify in the MXM.xml file, and the image is in the game directory, you'll have to specify the directory (because it's relative to the MXM directory). If it's in the MXM_Entry.xml file, which is in the game directory, you specify the image file relative to that game directory.

AS for the WMA, I convert using WinAMP2... I use the WMA output plugin - just checking, it was set to 44100khz/96kbits/stereo, so that's cool.

I'll have to check the local directory stuff. There still might be a problem with that (it's very messy in the code right now) and I'll make sure it's adding the tunes to the soundtrack info for the menu.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »

Looks like there is a bug still in the soundtrack stuff.

If there's no soundtrack, the music doesn't play, not even the 'local' soundtracks.

Not sure what's happening, but my virgin Xbox I just got today exhibited this behavior.

Try copying a tune to your Xbox's soundtrack using the MS dashboard and see if that jogs things for you.

hevnbnd

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2002, 01:02:00 AM »

Ok quick question.  My menu loads the mxm with the clouds in the background and goes no further.  Does the <DefaultTitleDelay>20</DefaultTitleDelay> have to be the same in both the MXM_Skin.xml and the MXM.xml?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9c (beta)
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2002, 09:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (hevnbnd @ Dec 21 2002, 04:02 AM)
Ok quick question.  My menu loads the mxm with the clouds in the background and goes no further.  Does the <DefaultTitleDelay>20</DefaultTitleDelay> have to be the same in both the MXM_Skin.xml and the MXM.xml?

TitleDelay (Not DefaultTitleDelay) controls the time the title screen is up. The Sky and logo is the 'init screen', used when loading up the skin info and such.

If it's locking up after the sky and logo,you are probably missing the font file.... there should be a \Media\Font16.xpr file under MXM.

If that's there, then you must have a problem with one of the skins. Make sure there's a "DefaultSkin" directory with the contents from the bin rar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]