xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3 Issues!  (Read 95 times)

driftin240

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« on: January 15, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

Ever since i got my X3 its had problems. Install 1 went well except I couldn't flash more than 256k to it(regardless of switch settings). I found out that the external switch only works if switch 4 is on(I'm still pondering this one). Now I've tried to put it in a different xbox, good solder points, pinheader install. If I power on using short press(mod enabled), the switch shows red, and I get 3 boots and a frag. If I hold it(disable), it boots ms dash fine. If I press power+eject(backup) it reboots 3x and frags. I've tried pinheader and wire installs and get the same issue on 2 diff xbox's. My D0 point appears to be good, my other solder points are decent. I'm getting rather pissed, and I'm thinking of buying a different modchip. If you can help me and keep that from happening help!

My bad: First try was on a 1.0, hence the wire install. Currently on a 1.4

This post has been edited by driftin240: Jan 15 2005, 09:19 PM

j33buscr1p3s

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem.  FRAG when enabled, no problems when disabled.  I thought I may have splashed some solder until it worked when the mod was disabled. This is on v1.0

This post has been edited by j33buscr1p3s: Jan 15 2005, 11:47 PM

driftin240

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

*bump* Anybody?

Firstkngt

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »

I will have to agree with all of you... I just installed an X3 on a 1.0, and I got the same results as all of you, even though I triple checked all my solder points with a magnfying glass, and they are all fine....

troy1001

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

Same ptoblem  :grr:
After i Flash it just frags. If i re-solder one more time i will metl the board.
I can install the Bios...
But when it reboots it Frags.
1.4 board X3ce
I'm beggining to think i should have just went with the TSOP. I would be cheaper.

Ex-CON

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

Guys no offense, but if you cant sodler then you should not be installing the chip. I am seeing one too many ppl badmouthing that chip  <_<  . If it frags on boot, then your pin header solder in screwed up. make sure that the D0 wire is not damaged ( I had one X3 kit were I screwed up the wire by cutting off some of the tinned end) But, if the wire is perfectlly sodlered, then the wire is good because you xbox tries to boot of the lpc. You all should check the  lpc rebuild or the pin header. ( of course there is always a chance you fubared the chip while attempting to install it)

This post has been edited by Ex-CON: Jan 20 2005, 08:55 PM

j33buscr1p3s

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

I went back and checked my LPC pinheaders and discovered that a couple pins could easily slide up and down.  I resoldered everything and now it works...now if I could just get it to flash...

Ex-CON

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(j33buscr1p3s @ Jan 20 2005, 03:24 PM)
I went back and checked my LPC pinheaders and discovered that a couple pins could easily slide up and down.  I resoldered everything and now it works...now if I could just get it to flash...

Congrats, at least some ppl are honest. Anyways, just make sure you have the right X3 bios for your xbox version and flash it over http if possible. Make sure your banks are on on off off. And you done. Good luck

troy1001

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

I went back and checked my LPC pinheaders and discovered that a couple pins could easily slide up and down. I resoldered everything and now it works...now if I could just get it to flash...

Please tell me step by step exactly what you did i will try it when i get home tonight.

Ex-CON

Your right i should not knock the chip just because i does not work for me. After all i did by it based on what other people have said. That it was the best. But you got to admit that this is frustrating as hell.
I just want to use my box man.

Ex-CON

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »

troy1001, I know exactlly what you mean. I know it sucks donkey ballz when you precious is not working. But you really have to install the chip with caution. The best way to install the chip is by looking at the Official guides that are provided on the makers website ( www.teamxecuter.com ) I really wouldnt listen to various ppl all telling you to do something differentlly. And the way to check you pinheader, remove the chip from the pins and push down on each pin to see if it moves. If it does, then you have resolder it so that it stays in place. Just make sure it makes contact with the pin and lpc via ( the little metalic ring that the pinheader goes though) Good luck.

troy1001

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

The best way to install the chip is by looking at the Official guides that are provided on the makers website ( www.teamxecuter.com )

I did all that step by step. I even took my time takening the screws out.
I really don't know where i went wrong. I'm the only techie in my group of friends so if i don't get it to work the will be in fear of chips for the rest of there life. Especiall after the pacific mall scandal*

And the way to check you pinheader, remove the chip from the pins and push down on each pin to see if it moves. If it does, then you have resolder it so that it stays in place. Just make sure it makes contact with the pin and lpc via ( the little metalic ring that the pinheader goes though) Good luck.

Thanks i will definaltel do that tonight and get back to you. Is there any other test i can do to ensure i have a good connection? :  :beer:

* PAcific Mall Is a mall in Markham Ontario. That boldly sells illegal copies of games. Why they have not been shut down is beyond me. We went to get our PS2's modded there and what they do is swap the laser and then when you some back with laser problems in a month they try to charge you $150 for the laser (it only costs $50). Spread the word about these guys don't buy anything from that mall. :grr:

Ex-CON

• Archived User
X3 Issues!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

The best way to check connections is to use a multi meter.